Hickory Flat Attendance Center’s annual Homecoming will be held on Friday, Dec. 2. The homecoming court will be presented at 5 p.m., followed by basketball games against Mooreville. Students who were elected by the student body to serve on the court this year are: front from left, Senior Maids Anna Lollar, Breanna Courson and Karly […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
Dear Editor: Now that the Democrats and the Progressives and the liberals and the “politically correct” and much of the Republican establishment have their just denouement in the 2016 election, it is time to rein in our terrible state government, under Gov. Phil Bryant. What a bunch of “misfits” and “bullies”! The Lt. Governor and […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year, until we get to Christmas and then that will be my favorite. Thanksgiving is the holiday I get to spend more relaxing time with family. Like most families we have several traditions that are a must each year. Like a lot of […]
First grade students at New Albany Elementary School Library recently had the opportunity to participate in a Pumpkin Book family project. Students were encouraged to decorate a pumpkin like a character from a favorite book. Displaying their pumpkin projects are, front from left, Wyatt Taylor, I’m A Frog, Teacher: Stephanie Simmons; McKenzie House, Cat in […]
The theme is Thanksgiving from pilgrim performers in elementary schools to Facebook posts to homeless shelter drives. It’s a holiday to help us focus on our blessings, thanks to George Washington’s proclamation in 1789, “as a day of public thanksgiving and prayers to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors […]
By Tommie Cooper Wednesday night Ronnie Yielding did the Bible study. Sunday, Nov. 20, the crowd was a little low. Bro. Ben Murphree brought the message today from Luke 17:11-19, Verse 11, “And it came to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.” A thank-you meal will be cooked by the […]
By Lou McQuary On Monday, Nov. 14, several from Macedonia went to the home of Vera and Ellis Perkins in Hickory Flat. They had a women’s and a men’s meeting. Scriptures were read by several. All the folks carried a dish and they had a feast. Attending were Bro. Landredth and Margaret Murphree, Currie and […]
The annual New Albany-Union County Christmas parade is now less than two weeks away and those who desire to enter a float have one more week to sign up. This year’s parade is set for 6 p.m., Monday, Nov. 28, in downtown New Albany, with Tuesday, Nov. 29 chosen as a makeup date in case […]
Yes, SCORE is finally coming to us in northeast MS. Formerly known as the Service Corps Of Retired Executives, SCORE is a non-profit extension of the Small Business Administration. Since 1964, SCORE has been offering free mentoring, seminars and peer-to-peer roundtable discussions to new or prospective small business owners, or to business owners who may […]
Dear Editor, I read with interest the report on the Board of Alderman meeting published in the November 9th paper. The residents of Eastview Street ask for and received approval for speed tables in their neighborhood. I noted that some of the alderman were concerned about a “snowballing effect.” That seems to suggest that speeding […]
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...