By Lou McQuary Jerry McGregor is recuperating from knee surgery which he had in Oxford last week. Autumn Denham had a serious horse accident last week. She broke her pelvis in five places and was airlifted to the Med in Memphis. On Friday, Aug. 23, she had a six-hour surgery in which the surgeon placed […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
By Susan Hooker Labor Day will be a busy weekend in the community as local dove hunters are anticipating the opening of the season. Hints of fall are evident in the foliage of the countryside as the wild cherry and the sumac are turning red. The pink lady lilies have been in full bloom as […]
By Martha Hardy Hello all. We are still enjoying some beautiful, but hot summer days. We are still needing rain on my hill. The ole water hose is getting a good workout, but it’s just not the same as a good slow rain. This has been one of the most busy weeks I have had […]
By Errol Castens/Daily Journal NEW ALBANY – Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will open a new emergency department facility that will triple its current capacity and offer updated treatment options. Administrators, medical professionals, local officials and area residents gathered Friday to break ground on the addition, which will provide 22 exam rooms compared to the seven in […]
The UCDA will be sponsoring a series of workshops available to the general public and free to the community. Attendees can find out how to apply for one–on-one counseling and benefit from the free services offered from the Miss. Small Business Development Center. Workshop topics with dates, times and registration can be found at www.mssbdc.org. […]
David Helms/Pontotoc Progress After meeting last Friday, board members of the GM&O Rails-to-Trails Recreational District of North Mississippi announced that the new tentative date for ceremonies dedicating the Tanglefoot Trail is Saturday, Sept. 21. Glasgow Construction is currently working to complete a punch list of final details which must be completed before the trail is […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will break ground on a new, $12 million emergency department Friday, August 16 at 10 a.m. The ceremony will be behind the hospital off Oxford Road. The new ER will be located behind the hospital and will connect to the radiology department. It will have 22 exam rooms, two trauma rooms […]
The 31st annual Connie Davis Fishing Rodeo will be held this Saturday, Aug. 17, at Camp Armstrong. The event is for children ages 6 though 12 (each child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian). Registration is from 6 to 7:15 a.m. Fishing goes from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. and young anglers will weigh […]
Local writer, director and producer Barbara Hardin-Welch will be presenting “Suffer the Little Children,” a stage play on the topic of child abuse to the New Albany Community Sept. 14 at 6:30 p.m. The stage performance features local actors and will be presented at the Magnolia Civic Center. “In 1998, I was inspired to write […]
The focus group appointed by aldermen this past year to make recommendations concerning development of tourism for New Albany presented their report at the city board meeting Tuesday, a week after aldermen voted 3-0 (with one abstention and one absence) to hire Sean Johnson as marketing director. Betsey Hamilton represented the group and asked aldermen […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...