Not only does Blue Mountain College offer a wide range of courses online, but starting this fall students will be able to earn their Bachelor of Business Administration degree – from start to finish – via the Internet. “The online business program will be a strategic part of our future growth at Blue Mountain College,” […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
Man always has a plan. He has a brain, a drive, and usually the means. He makes the plan – a future plan that’s in an orderly, doable schedule. But suddenly from out of nowhere comes . . .! Life is good – one of those sections in life when the kids are well, bills […]
By Tyler McCollum After all of the hard work and effort that these guys have put in all season long, it finally has come to an end. The Cotton States Baseball League wrapped up its final game on Sunday as the North Delta Dealers took on the Golden Triangle Jets. It was a very slow […]
Class 2A/ Region 1 Football East Union Baldwyn Hatley Mantachie New Site Walnut Class 4A Region 2 Football New Albany Ripley Lafayette County Senatobia Byhalia Rosa Fort Region 1/Dist.1 Volleyball New Albany Ripley Corinth Tishomingo County Pontotoc Belmont Alcorn Central Class 1A Softball Region 2/Dist. 2 Ingomar Myrtle West Union Hickory Flat Class 2A Softball […]
Relma Lockridge Kemp, 102, of Blue Springs, passed away Tuesday, July 23, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She was born May 23, 1911, to Calloway and Flurry Lockridge. She was a faithful member of Red Hill M.B. Church, where she was an usher, Sunday school teacher, and a member of the […]
Lanny Lemuel Autry, 66, went home to be with his Savior, Friday, July 26, 2013, at his home in New Albany. He was born in Hickory Flat on Oct. 31, 1946, to Rev. Ewart and Lola Mae Autry. He married his high school sweetheart, Deborah Sue Ayres, in 1969. After earning his graduate degree from […]
James “Junior” Smith, 59, died Thursday, July 25, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a sudden illness. A Pontotoc native, he was born Oct. 22, 1953, to James Alton and Mary Alfie Pritchard Smith. He served as leadman in the furniture industry for 10 years. He enjoyed traveling, cruises and most of all, watching […]
David Glen Hill, 80, of Keownville, passed away Wednesday, July 24, 2013. He was born in Union County to Virgil Eugene and Maude Foremen Hill. He was a U.S. Army veteran, serving from 1953 to 1961. He was an avid farmer, a loving father and PawPaw, and a loyal friend. He enjoyed hunting, feeding the […]
Sarah Cook Harris, 99, died Monday, July 22, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. She was a faithful member of Mosley-Hall-Shiloh Chapel CME Church. Services were at noon Saturday, July 27, at Beaver Dam M.B. Church with the Rev. Lawrence McKinzie officiating. Burial was in Mosley’s Chapel Cemetery. Beasley Funeral Home was in charge of […]
William David Bray, 75, of Bruce, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 30, 1937, in Pontotoc. He served in the National Guard. He was a retired plant superintendent from Bruce Telephone Company with 35 years of service. He was an active member and deacon of Lighthouse Baptist Church. Services […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...