David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last-minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, but […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
The public is invited to enjoy an evening of art, music, and food Friday, Aug. 9, at In Bloom’s event hall from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. in downtown New Albany. Arts, Beats & Eats is an award-winning event receiving “Best Art Event” by the Mississippi Main Street Association. Arts, Beats & Eats is a juried […]
The New Albany School of Ballet and Ballet Company are already making plans for this year’s Nutcracker season. On December 13 and 14 of 2013, The New Albany Ballet Company will once again take the stage to produce “The Nutcracker” Ballet. In preparation, the company members took classes during their routine summer workshops and the […]
BY REX WILGUS For the New Albany News Exchange NEW ALBANY – The New Albany School District board of directors met for their regular meeting on August 1, 2013. The board commended Dr. Jason Dees, who has served on the board from 2005 to 2013, for his service to the school district. Dr. Dees was […]
Artisans from across Mississippi will come together Aug. 24-25 for a weekend of shopping, fun and community giving. For two days in August, the Trademart in Jackson will come alive with arts and crafts, musicians, and much more when The Mississippi Craft Show returns. Hailing from 33 cities, from Corinth to Tylertown; in 24 counties, […]
Bradley Littlejohn, Lance Moore, and Brock White will present Paid In Full’s 22nd Anniversary Homecoming concert on Saturday, August 10, at Hillcrest Baptist Church in New Albany at 6:00 p.m. This year’s event will feature Gene McDonald, former member of the Florida Boys Quartet and current member of the Gaither Homecoming Tour, as well as […]
Newly hired marketing director Sean Johnson doesn’t officially start work for a little more than two weeks but the New Albany native is already setting priorities. He is starting without a budget or job description, both of which will be set, but he plans to also jump into actual promoting as well. Critical to Johnson […]
2nd Saturdays Folk Art on the River in conjunction with Biscuits & Jam Farmers’ Market will be giving an Agri-Tour to Cherry Creek Orchard on August 10. The tour will leave from the market at 12 p.m. Cherry Creek Orchards is hidden away in the northern part of Pontotoc County. The orchard was established by […]
Story of Mississippi pioneer woman to be reviewed at library Tuesday, Aug. 20, Frank Madden will review the book “Trials of the Earth” for the August Luncheon with Books at the Union County Library in New Albany. “Trials of the Earth” is the autobiography of Mary Hamilton edited by Helen Dick Davis. The book is […]
By Charlie Mitchell OXFORD – Most Mississippians loathe the notion of “career politicians.” If, however, you ask any of these folks, “What do you think about Thad Cochran?” the answer will be “Thad? We love Thad. He’s not like the rest of them.” “Vote for Cochran / He’s Not Like The Others” may not be […]
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...