Summer may not be over but school starts next week and Mississippi State Department of Health District Health Officer Dr. Crystal Tate is visiting cities in her district to remind parents that children will not be allowed to register unless they have proof of the required vaccinations. She said there is no good reason, economic […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
It’s back to the drawing board for a bridge project after all the bids submitted this past week were anywhere from 25 to more than 100 percent higher than engineering estimates. The project is for a bridge on CR 137 northeast of New Albany and near the Pleasant Hill area. The apparent low bidder was […]
To celebrate the end of summer break and the start of a new school year The New Albany Gazette is offering a spccial one-day deal on a one-year subscription to our newspaper. On Friday, July 29, you can get a one-year subscription for $29, about one third off the normal price. This is open to […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will host a free back-to-school health fair on Saturday, Aug. 6 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the hospital’s front lobby. The event will feature a host of free health screenings, health and dental tips, safety information, a teddy bear clinic, fingerprinting, school supplies giveaways, plus attendees will have the […]
From left are third alternate Carson Hamblin, son of Tyler Hamblin and Courtney Herod; second alternate John Anderson Jr., son of John Anderson Sr. and Chia Smith; first alternate Wyatt Hill, son of Jakob and Felisha Hill; and Infant Mr. Union County Fair Silas Treadaway, son of Joe and Paige Treadaway. From left are third […]
New American Legion Potter-Henry-Lowrey Post 72 officers installed this past week include, from left, Comander Gary Wack, Second Vice-Commander Williams Byers, Sergeant at Arms Ray Tate, Post Adjutant and Historian Mike Bennett, installing officer Ray Barnett, Assistant Post Adjutant Bobby J. Irvin, outgoing Commander Roy Caldwell and Chaplain George Dixon. Not present were First Vice-Commander […]
School starts again next week and parents are no doubt scrambling to buy clothes and supplies and take care of other related details. One thing they should not put off to the last minute is making sure children are up to date on their vaccinations. Nobody likes to get shots. A few people think they […]
New American Legion Auxiliary officers are, standing from left, Committee Members at Large Ruth McMillen, Mary Goins and Lottie Gullick; District President Diane Belue; seated from left, Sergeant at Arms Gloria Bennett, Treasurer Virginia Dixon, Vice-President Becky Wack and President Connie Kelly. Not present was Secretary Barbara Teague.
Cannon Cobb took decisive action to beat the heat at the Union County Fair this past weekend. He appeared to be totally unconcerned that he chose the livestock show water bucket for his afternoon dip. Cannon is the son of Danny and Meghan Cobb.
There was good news and bad news in terms of school ratings released this past week, and both were the same news. On the good side, New Albany and Union County districts each received “B” ratings at a time when ratings and scores were expected to drop. The bad news is that, according to New […]
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...