Saturday will be a day for holiday programs in New Albany with activities planned for the museum and civic center. Santa Claus will pay his annual visit to the Union County Heritage Museum this Saturday, Dec. 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for youngsters to give him their Christmas lists. There also will be […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
The old New Albany Gazette, as most people know it, on Carter Avenue will be gone this week. Built in 1972, the building was sold to Barnes Crossing Automotive earlier this year and will make way for more display area. The Gazette is now situated at 130 W. Bankhead St. in the former Hamilton Hardware […]
Police are looking for an armed robber who took money from a local check for cash business. Chief Chris Robertson said the crime occurred at about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at Money-N-Minutes, located at 102 Crystal Plaza Drive in New Albany. The suspect was a black male wearing a blue Jacket and red cap and armed […]
The weather-delayed New Albany Christmas Parade is still on for next Tuesday, Dec. 13, even if in a scaled down form. The original and backup dates were both rained out, as were several parades throughout the area and has happened here before. But the unusually large number of comments from the public by phone and […]
Donations are beginning to come in for the 42nd annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County. Donations have reached $8,127 toward the goal of $15,000 for the program, sponsored by the New Albany Gazette with the help of many community volunteers. The program provides about 200 […]
Union County Supervisor Dave Kitchens has announced that County Road 137 will be closed as of Dec. 15 for construction of a new bridge across the Tallahatchie River near Wilhite Creek and just west of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. Construction could take up to 75 working days, he said, although the work may well be […]
BNA Bank held a ribbon-cutting Wednesday for its new mortgage center housed in the renovated historic bus station. The bank acquired the building when it ceased to be used for bus service in the 1970s, allowing the county Red Cross chapter to have offices there as well as storing some bank records in part of […]
BNA Bank President and CEO Bo Collins announced that the board of directors of BNA Bancshares, holding company of BNA Bank, has declared a cash dividend of $2.20 per Class A shares, and $2.42 per Class B shares. This represents the largest cash dividend ever paid by BNA Bank as earnings year to date (as […]
New Albany is the birthplace of William Faulkner, the home of an outstanding museum, sportsplex and park system and even ground zero for the renowned Latham Burger. But what are we best known for? “Oh, that’s the little town where they park in the middle of the street.” We have heard of people from as […]
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...