A group of Myrtle residents want to see their fellow citizens become more involved in community activities and hope that will lead to making the town an even better place to live. Spearheading the effort are Tony and Marie White, who have organized a series of events on their own over the past six years. […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
Little but the siderails remained of the Tallahatchie River Bridge on Martintown Road Wednesday as crews prepared to remove the last pieces of the bridge so a new replacement can be constructed. The cost will be $780,000 and the road will be closed for several months while the construction goes on.
In conjunction with Colon Cancer Awareness Month, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will host a luncheon for the community on Wednesday, March 23, at noon at Hillcrest Baptist Church Fellowship Hall, 216 Highway 15 South. Presented by Dr. H. F .Mason and Dr. Perrin Roten, general surgeons with Baptist Medical Group-New Albany Surgical Associates, the event […]
The Union County Fair Board met Monday to begin more specific planning for this year’s fair. The event will be July 12-16 and fair officials say the featured days and events will be about the same as last year, culminating with the rodeo Saturday. Although a schedule has not been set, the livestock exhibitions, youth […]
Perhaps Mississippi’s most beloved political figure is the late Sen. John Stennis. That may be even truer in Union County since his wife, Coy, was from here. Tuesday, Tishomingo forester Don H. Thompson was at the Union County Library to talk about his book on the senator, “Stennis: Plowing a Straight Furrow; The Story of […]
The New Albany Main Street Association will begin its Live @ Noon series on March 19 from noon to 2 p.m. on the Tanglefoot Trailhead Plaza in downtown New Albany. Paul Tate will be the musical performance. Tate grew up in New Albany. He graduated from New Albany High School, then studied music theory and […]
The approximately $2 million expansion of the Union County Heritage Museum is far from complete but has progressed enough to provide a sense of size and scale. Only an actual walk though the new part of the building can convey the amount of space that will soon be available. The size of the Faulkner Library […]
The New Albany Garden Club created an exhibit on how to attract birds for the Union County Libary. From left are members Grace Provence and Anita Buster.
He was Mississippi’s youngest mayor before, and chancery clerk after, at a time the county particularly needed someone reliable, but the single accomplishment he probably will be most remembered for is championing a state four-lane highway program. John David Pennebaker died this past Wednesday at age 72 having been in failing health for some time. […]
Investigation is continuing into two separate wildfires that burned a total of 400 acres in Union County on CR 158, just north and east of the Pleasant Ridge community. Mississippi Forestry Commission arson investigators have interviewed several people in connection with the fire but no one had been charged as of Monday. The fires were […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series