Those attending the Union County Board of Supervisors’ meeting Monday barely got settled before the meeting was over. With only slightly more than a half-dozen items on the agenda, the meeting was recessed in less than 10 minutes. “We meet every week so we don’t have a lot on the agenda,” board president Randy Owen […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
Although he only lived here as a young child, Terrance Dye feels he has returned home to write. He is also celebrating the first national publication of a book, “My Conversations With God.” Dye has been writing poems and short stories for several years, and self-published books earlier. “Royalty” came out in 2005, talking about […]
This week’s Homegrown Business is Home Care Hospice, which has recently relocated to downtown New Albany. The company is the primary hospice resource for Union County Health and Rehab and they are currently contracted with New Albany Health and Rehab and Magnolia Place, along with others in the surrounding area. The company began in 2002 […]
Union County moved closer to having the lowest unemployment rate in the state in January. The county had a jobless rate of only 5.1 percent, making it third-lowest in the entire state. Only Madison and Rankin counties were lower with 5.0 and 4.7 percent unemployment, respectively. Despite being considerably lower than the state average of […]
For some reason the Union County Board of Supervisors’ decision to allow a commercial company to try to collect old, unpaid fines has drawn considerable area attention. Previous boards have tried using what amounts to collection agencies over the past 30 or 40 years but in each case results after the first month or two […]
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton took Mississippi in Tuesday’s presidential preference primary, and they took Union County also. But there’s a qualifier to the statement about the Republican candidate: Trump took Union County “barely.” While Democrat Hillary Clinton received 70 percent of the Union County vote to Bernie Sanders’ 26 percent, Republican Trump was only […]
Jill Shaw was unanimously elected president of the New Albany School Board at the regular monthly meeting Monday. She takes over from Brad Clayton while Berniece Bailey was chosen as vice-president and Matt Harris as secretary. Before moving to routine items, the board members heard from a local pediatrician. Dr. Eric Harding spoke to the […]
A grass fire that appears to have been deliberately set was finally brought under control late Wednesday afternoon after burning several hundred acres of mostly woods off CR 180 near the Pleasant Ridge community on Hwy. 30 East. According to preliminary reports, the fire was set shortly after midnight at multiple points and later spread […]
The Historic Northside Neighborhood Association will meet again next Tuesday, March 15, in the fellowship hall of Cleveland Street A. R. P. Church. The meeting will be at 6 p.m. but pastor Roger Browning said the church is inviting those who plan to attend to come at 5 p.m. for free soup, sandwiches and fellowship […]
A certain percentage of people might as well be prepared to be late for church or other destinations Sunday morning. That’s because Daylight Saving Time takes effect at 2 a.m. Sunday, March 13. You will lose an hour’s sleep and if you don’t reset your clocks you will suddenly find it is an hour later […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series