The New Albany Garden Club has elected officers for the coming year. From left, above, are Anita Buster, past presdient; Gloria Cooper, treasurer; Samantha Morris, president; Tanya Coombs, vice-president; Rheata Ann West, parliamentarian; Billye Jean Stroud, yearbook chairman; Mary Webb, secretary; and Barbara Fuller, reporter. Below, president Samantha Morris welcomes new club member Carol Riddell.
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
My congratulations on publishing the finest magazine I’ve picked up in years! I am Beth Barrett Rogers. My Mom, Erline Barrett, was the “Mayor of Main Street” from 1961 when she bought and renamed Barrett’s Grocery until her death in 2001. My late father-in-law Mike Rogers was head of the Development Association and recruited Futorian […]
Jamey Wright, administrator at New Albany Elementary School, signs the Proclamation of Constitution Week at NAES, Sept. 17- 23 with Glen Reeder’s students, Annsley Coleman and Max Sheffield and DAR member, Sherilyn Goode.
By Loretta Easley Wednesday morning, Sept. 7, word came that Clara Harrison had taken a turn for the worse. Thursday about 10 a.m. she passed away at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She had lived in the community for many years. A very good friend to me. A faithful member of Keownville Baptist […]
The Union County Circuit Clerk’s office saw some last-minute activity Friday as the 5 p.m. deadline approached for county and city school board candidates to qualify to run. Of the three who had already qualified, one will be elected unopposed, one picked up an opponent and one decided to withdraw from the race. In the […]
After a week of deliberation and consulting with those in the county tax assessor’s office, the Union County Board of Supervisors responded Monday with something of a compromise decision to an objection over the tax value placed on Park Place Apartments. Owners of the Bratton Road complex had appealed the value placed on the apartments […]
The Mississippi Homemaker Volunteers of Union County are making plans for their annual Holiday Street Bazaar to be held Tuesday, Oct. 4, and Wednesday, Oct. 5, at the Union County Fairgrounds Ladies Building. The event will begin at 9 a.m. on both days and conclude at 6 p.m. on Tuesday and 3 p.m. on Wednesday. […]
Kelly Services, in partnership with customer Toyota Motor North America, Inc., has announced an immediate need for visitor center tour guides to support the planned public tour program at Toyota Mississippi with plant tours, and occasional initiatives and activities for the External Affairs division. The positions are described as “long-term.” The responsibilities for this position […]
Statements have been made that libraries are an institution of the past. For New Albany’s Jennie Stephens Smith Library that couldn’t be true because the library has had 36,155 visitors January-August and 60 new library cards were issued the month of August. Since cuts from the state to Mississippi libraries has been publicized, some private […]
Myrtle native Murray Coffey talked with director Jill Smith, above, about his memories of serving in World War II and signed copies of his book containing those memoirs at the Union County Heritage Museum Friday, Below, he autographs a copy for Tracy Huey, a Toyota employee who has been helping at the museum.
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...