Tanglefoot Trail in Union County has some new additions and will get at least one more. Trail users may have noticed construction going on near the trail about where it passes behind the Imperial Trading Company warehouse, and beside the way station at Ingomar. Trail maintenance director Keith Herring said the two structures are warm-up […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
It’s difficult, if not impossible, to describe Helene Fielder’s pottery, and that’s a good thing. “She’s the most out-of-the-box person I know,” local craftsman Charles Buster said of the Marietta resident. “When I go into her booth (at a craft show) I just have to stop; I can’t take it all in.” Fielder is not […]
Every four years, and only every four years, we begin to hear a lot about caucuses. Mississippi has them but few people seem to know much about them, including some political officials. Local Democrats will have their precinct caucuses this Saturday, Feb. 13, in fact. Caucuses began in the late 1780s when the country was […]
The Senate Education Committee Wednesday passed legislation improving the governance of school districts through appointed superintendents, Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves said. Senate Bill 2438 moves to the full Senate for consideration. “The current model of electing superintendents strictly limits the ability of local communities to find the best candidate for the job,” Lt. Gov. Reeves said. […]
A meeting of the Historic Northside Neighborhood Association will be held next Tuesday, Feb. 16, at 5:30 p.m. in the Cleveland Street Presbyterian Church fellowship hall. The association was formed more than a decade ago to help improve the quality of life in the historic area and to deal specifically with concerns about crime and […]
The Union County Development Association held a ribbon-cutting for MegMed Health Tuesday, Jan. 19. MegMed Health is an acute and primary care clinic for all ages. Their services include treatment of acute problems, minor emergencies, women’s health, minor skin conditions, lab work, weight loss counseling, DOT physicals, preventive health care, as well as treatment of […]
The Union County Extension Office is offering a variety of learning programs over the next few months. A Private Applicator Training class will be given from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Union County Extension Office Feb. 29. There is a $10 registration fee. For more information call 534-1916 or 534-1917 On March 1, a […]
Talk about staying under the radar. Union County has a variety of industries, which most people are generally familiar with. But there is one that, arguably, almost no one knew about the first year it was here. Even today, many local residents may know essentially nothing about it. The company seeks no publicity, only occasionally […]
New Albany High School will present Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12 and 13, Friday and Saturday, as well as at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 14. For ticket information call 534-1805.
It is estimated, based on information available, that nearly 6,000 Union County residents have no health insurance. A group of dedicated medical professionals and volunteers are doing their best to help as many of those as possible. The means to do that is through Agape Health Services. The Agape Clinic was created about three years […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series