The Business2Business luncheon sponsored by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi this past Thursday might well have been called Better Employees 2 Business. The purpose of the meeting was to make local industry and business leaders aware of a new training and technical skill-measuring tool that can greatly improve the quality of workers coming to their respective […]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Community leaders join with Tony Barragan and employees of Bim Bam Burgers & Wings to celebrate the restaurant’s grand opening Monday. New Albany Mayor Tim Kent and Barragan cut a ribbon during the ceremony. Barragan and his business partner Yerby Weaver, founded the franchise in Oxford in 2013. Since then, they have opened other locations […]
Imago Dei Boutique had its formal ribbon-cutting sponsored by the New Albany Main Street Association this past Friday. Owner Angie Garrett said the unusual name for her business comes from the Latin for “image of God.” “I believe we all reflect a facet of our Creator in our personality and style,” she said. Her shop, […]
By David Johnson Managing Editor New Albany Main Street Association held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Itty Bitty Birdie Friday, June 10 at Hamilton Place in New Albany. Local real estate broker Ashley Palmer opened the store in March as a chance to start and own a business. “I wanted to build a business from the […]
New Albany banker Amanda Kent has been elected to the Executive Council of the Mississippi Young Bankers, a section of the Mississippi Bankers Association. MYB conducts programs around the state about personal finance. The section also promotes leadership development and involvement in industry affairs. Kent will coordinate the efforts of the MYB County Chairmen in […]
On behalf of the BNA Bank board of directors, James R. “Bo” Collins, President and CEO, announces that Kevin Kessinger has joined BNA Bank as Vice-President, Business Development. BNA Bank is opening a loan production office at 2091 Old Taylor Road in Oxford, and Kessinger joins BNA Bank to develop business opportunities for BNA […]
CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi will host its 20th annual State of the Region meeting from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 26. The meeting will be held at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. The State of the Region meeting will feature three speakers, Don Nielsen, Blake Wilson, and Mike Tagert. […]
Ecru Medical Clinic has added two new providers – Charles Leckie, D.O., and Josh Minga, NP-C. Dr. Leckie earned his bachelor’s degree in biology from Delta State University in 1994. He received his medical degree from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine at Lewisburg in 1998 and completed residency training at North Mississippi Medical Center’s […]
Once again, the community is looking at a couple of major annual events this weekend and early next week. Tonight, the American Cancer Society Relay for Life will be held starting at 6 p.m. This year the event will be held in the Park Along the River but more than a dozen teams are expected […]
Emerald Mississippi home furnishing officials were pleased with the turnout for their first job fair here Tuesday and are moving ahead with plans to start their first line of production soon. Human Resources Director Linda Roberts said they expect to hire about 50 people to begin with and will add more later in the year. […]
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...