Cracker Barrel Old Country Store officials formally confirmed Tuesday that the popular restaurant will open in New Albany. Breeanna Straessle, manager, corporate communications, said in the announcement, “ I can officially confirm for you – though you’ve already figured it out – we are coming to New Albany and are thrilled about it! We broke […]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
The New Albany Main Street Association held a formal ribbon-cutting for the Deco Restaurant + Bar Tuesday afternoon. The restaurant, in the renovated building that once housed the City Café, is owned and operated by Logan Rutledge and chef Lezlie Simmons. It began offering deli items with lunch hours but has changed to strictly dinner […]
Mississippi Land Bank announces Chad Bailey’s addition as Loan Officer in the Tupelo branch office. Bailey has worked in the banking industry for 10 years, previously with BancorpSouth as a Corporate Commercial Lender and commercial credit analyst in Tupelo, and at Merchants & Farmers Bank as Branch Manager/Loan Officer in Hickory Flat. Bailey is married […]
Bespoke at 315 South Camp Street along the Tanglefoot Trail in New Albany, MS is open for business. Hours are Wednesday through Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm. The location is a showcase for Micha Foster’s custom lighting and furniture as well as showcasing curated collections of vintage goods from clothing to home furnishings […]
The Union County Development Association held a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday for the CrossFit Fire Ant gym at 303A West Bankhead. The business was formerly downtown. Owner Sonny Norton said the business uses a constantly varying series of training methods, “functional movement performed at high intensity,” that can result in overall fitness and allow a person […]
“This has been a dream of mine for 11 years, and it has finally become a reality,” said Michelle Graham, the owner of O’Neal’s Kitchen. O’Neal’s Kitchen is a southern soul-food restaurant located on 1007 W. Bankhead St. formally known as Jeanie’s Whistle Stop. Graham said she grew up cooking in the kitchen and it […]
A just-renovated Barnes Crossing Chevrolet Buick GMC auto dealership held a formal ribbon-cutting in New Albany Wednesday morning, concluding a process that owner Joe Marshall likened to “going from the chrysalis to the butterfly.” A little over two years ago, Marshall purchased what had been Parks Chevrolet, one of the oldest auto dealerships in Northeast […]
The Business2Business luncheon sponsored by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi this past Thursday might well have been called Better Employees 2 Business. The purpose of the meeting was to make local industry and business leaders aware of a new training and technical skill-measuring tool that can greatly improve the quality of workers coming to their respective […]
Community leaders join with Tony Barragan and employees of Bim Bam Burgers & Wings to celebrate the restaurant’s grand opening Monday. New Albany Mayor Tim Kent and Barragan cut a ribbon during the ceremony. Barragan and his business partner Yerby Weaver, founded the franchise in Oxford in 2013. Since then, they have opened other locations […]
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...