The Business2Business luncheon sponsored by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi this past Thursday might well have been called Better Employees 2 Business. The purpose of the meeting was to make local industry and business leaders aware of a new training and technical skill-measuring tool that can greatly improve the quality of workers coming to their respective […]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Community leaders join with Tony Barragan and employees of Bim Bam Burgers & Wings to celebrate the restaurant’s grand opening Monday. New Albany Mayor Tim Kent and Barragan cut a ribbon during the ceremony. Barragan and his business partner Yerby Weaver, founded the franchise in Oxford in 2013. Since then, they have opened other locations […]
Imago Dei Boutique had its formal ribbon-cutting sponsored by the New Albany Main Street Association this past Friday. Owner Angie Garrett said the unusual name for her business comes from the Latin for “image of God.” “I believe we all reflect a facet of our Creator in our personality and style,” she said. Her shop, […]
By David Johnson Managing Editor New Albany Main Street Association held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Itty Bitty Birdie Friday, June 10 at Hamilton Place in New Albany. Local real estate broker Ashley Palmer opened the store in March as a chance to start and own a business. “I wanted to build a business from the […]
New Albany banker Amanda Kent has been elected to the Executive Council of the Mississippi Young Bankers, a section of the Mississippi Bankers Association. MYB conducts programs around the state about personal finance. The section also promotes leadership development and involvement in industry affairs. Kent will coordinate the efforts of the MYB County Chairmen in […]
On behalf of the BNA Bank board of directors, James R. “Bo” Collins, President and CEO, announces that Kevin Kessinger has joined BNA Bank as Vice-President, Business Development. BNA Bank is opening a loan production office at 2091 Old Taylor Road in Oxford, and Kessinger joins BNA Bank to develop business opportunities for BNA […]
CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi will host its 20th annual State of the Region meeting from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 26. The meeting will be held at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. The State of the Region meeting will feature three speakers, Don Nielsen, Blake Wilson, and Mike Tagert. […]
Ecru Medical Clinic has added two new providers – Charles Leckie, D.O., and Josh Minga, NP-C. Dr. Leckie earned his bachelor’s degree in biology from Delta State University in 1994. He received his medical degree from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine at Lewisburg in 1998 and completed residency training at North Mississippi Medical Center’s […]
Once again, the community is looking at a couple of major annual events this weekend and early next week. Tonight, the American Cancer Society Relay for Life will be held starting at 6 p.m. This year the event will be held in the Park Along the River but more than a dozen teams are expected […]
Emerald Mississippi home furnishing officials were pleased with the turnout for their first job fair here Tuesday and are moving ahead with plans to start their first line of production soon. Human Resources Director Linda Roberts said they expect to hire about 50 people to begin with and will add more later in the year. […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...