Matthew and Katlin Coleman of New Albany announce the birth of their daughter, Klarksyn Denise Coleman, born July 19 at Baptist Memorial Hospital, Union County. She weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and measured 20 inches long. She is welcomed home by a brother, John Alan Coleman, 2 years. Her grandparents are Mickey and Karen Boyette […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
Edith Wilder will be celebrating her 90th birthday from 2 to 3:30 p.m., Aug. 27 at Pleasant Hill CAC. All family and friends are invited to attend. No presents please. Birthday cards are welcomed.
Mike and Sherry Moore will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Aug. 21. They were married at First Baptist Church in New Albany on Aug. 21, 1966. They will celebrate this event with their daughters, Holly Bailey (Paul) and Bebe Roberts (Kevin) and their grandchildren.
The obvious headline for this story might be “A Miracle in search of a miracle.” While one Miracle is involved, what she is seeking is extremely ambition, but doable. New Albany Elementary School second grader Miracle Hurd was recently saved and baptized July 31 at Victory Life Center and looking for a purpose. “My mom […]
By Kristin Waldrop Special to the Gazette New Albany is no stranger to young talented people. Each year many of those talents are showcased through Upstage, yearly talent shows, and plays held at the New Albany High School auditorium. Some of these hidden talents are just for fun, while others are made into a career […]
Union Countians will have the opportunity to be “dazzled” by some popular music from hit musicals and movies this weekend as the Tallahatchie River Players present their youth production of “Broadway Jr.: Dazzled by Disney.” The show will use singing and choreography to display familiar tunes from Disney movies old and new. Director Tori Baldwin […]
Paul Rainey is a familiar figure to many Union County residents, but a program at the Union County Heritage Museum this past week helped reveal there is still much about the millionaire sportsman people here are unaware of. Renelda Owen, of the Delta State University English Department, presented an illustrated lecture on the life of […]
Cannon Cobb took decisive action to beat the heat at the Union County Fair this past weekend. He appeared to be totally unconcerned that he chose the livestock show water bucket for his afternoon dip. Cannon is the son of Danny and Meghan Cobb.
Forty-one young ladies competed for Miss Union County Fair titles Tuesday to open the five-day event. Four age divisions were included. Junior Miss Union County Fair was for ages 9 and 10, Pre-Teen Miss Union County Fair was for ages 11-13, Teen Miss Union County Fair was for ages 14-16 and Miss Union County Fair […]
By Sonny Harrison It seems everyone and their kids are talking about Pokémon Go and, for good reason. It’s broken multiple smartphone application records and costs less than a high-five. For those who haven’t heard, Pokémon Go is a new game for the smartphone that uses the GPS (Global Positioning System) feature on your smartphone […]
- Urchins swim past Eagles in opener August 20, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Home Run Derby August 25, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Wife accused of shooting husband six times August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...