September marked the third anniversary of the opening of the 44.5-mile Tanglefoot Trail which runs from New Albany to Houston. Thousands of local residents have enjoyed cycling, running and walking on Tanglefoot Trail and hundreds of out-of-state cyclists have ventured to Pontotoc, Union and Chickasaw Counties in search of a cycling experience whose very favorable […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
The Mississippi Homemaker Volunteers provided ideas for Christmas trees, crafts and good food during their annual event this week at the fairgrounds. Above, Peggy Garrison, left, and Dorothy Gaines, look for cookbook bargains while local artist Begie Foley, below, stands beside the featured decorated tree.
The Union County school musical theatre production this year is “The Addams Family” and will be presented at the Magnolia Civic Center Oct. 21-23. The show, a musical comedy with music and lyrics by Andrew Lippa and a book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, is based on the popular characters created by cartoonist Charles […]
The New Albany Garden Club has elected officers for the coming year. From left, above, are Anita Buster, past presdient; Gloria Cooper, treasurer; Samantha Morris, president; Tanya Coombs, vice-president; Rheata Ann West, parliamentarian; Billye Jean Stroud, yearbook chairman; Mary Webb, secretary; and Barbara Fuller, reporter. Below, president Samantha Morris welcomes new club member Carol Riddell.
The Mississippi Homemaker Volunteers of Union County are making plans for their annual Holiday Street Bazaar to be held Tuesday, Oct. 4, and Wednesday, Oct. 5, at the Union County Fairgrounds Ladies Building. The event will begin at 9 a.m. on both days and conclude at 6 p.m. on Tuesday and 3 p.m. on Wednesday. […]
Matthew and Katlin Coleman of New Albany announce the birth of their daughter, Klarksyn Denise Coleman, born July 19 at Baptist Memorial Hospital, Union County. She weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and measured 20 inches long. She is welcomed home by a brother, John Alan Coleman, 2 years. Her grandparents are Mickey and Karen Boyette […]
Edith Wilder will be celebrating her 90th birthday from 2 to 3:30 p.m., Aug. 27 at Pleasant Hill CAC. All family and friends are invited to attend. No presents please. Birthday cards are welcomed.
Mike and Sherry Moore will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Aug. 21. They were married at First Baptist Church in New Albany on Aug. 21, 1966. They will celebrate this event with their daughters, Holly Bailey (Paul) and Bebe Roberts (Kevin) and their grandchildren.
The obvious headline for this story might be “A Miracle in search of a miracle.” While one Miracle is involved, what she is seeking is extremely ambition, but doable. New Albany Elementary School second grader Miracle Hurd was recently saved and baptized July 31 at Victory Life Center and looking for a purpose. “My mom […]
By Kristin Waldrop Special to the Gazette New Albany is no stranger to young talented people. Each year many of those talents are showcased through Upstage, yearly talent shows, and plays held at the New Albany High School auditorium. Some of these hidden talents are just for fun, while others are made into a career […]
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...