Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
The Friends of the Union County Library’s monthly Luncheon With Books program usually includes a review but this month’s version could serve as more of a holiday gift guide. Guests were Lyn Roberts of Square Books and Carroll Moore of Neil White’s Nautilus Publishing Company, both of Oxford. White is both an author in his […]
The Craftsmen’s Guild of Mississippi will host the 40th annual Chimneyville Crafts Festival Dec. 1-3 at the Mississippi Trade Mart in Jackson featuring 150 exhibiting Guild members of the Guild and approximately 170 booths of traditional and contemporary craft works in wood, pottery, glass, fiber, metal, basketry, jewelry and more. The Preview Party is Thursday, […]
If there is one central pillar in the structure of Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, it is administrative director Barbara Owens. She only missed being the sole original employee left in the hospital by about six months but is still marking her 50th year of service to the hospital and community – longer than anyone else. […]
The New Albany Main Street Association held a formal ribbon-cutting for the Deco Restaurant + Bar Tuesday afternoon. The restaurant, in the renovated building that once housed the City Café, is owned and operated by Logan Rutledge and chef Lezlie Simmons. It began offering deli items with lunch hours but has changed to strictly dinner […]
September marked the third anniversary of the opening of the 44.5-mile Tanglefoot Trail which runs from New Albany to Houston. Thousands of local residents have enjoyed cycling, running and walking on Tanglefoot Trail and hundreds of out-of-state cyclists have ventured to Pontotoc, Union and Chickasaw Counties in search of a cycling experience whose very favorable […]
The Mississippi Homemaker Volunteers provided ideas for Christmas trees, crafts and good food during their annual event this week at the fairgrounds. Above, Peggy Garrison, left, and Dorothy Gaines, look for cookbook bargains while local artist Begie Foley, below, stands beside the featured decorated tree.
The Union County school musical theatre production this year is “The Addams Family” and will be presented at the Magnolia Civic Center Oct. 21-23. The show, a musical comedy with music and lyrics by Andrew Lippa and a book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, is based on the popular characters created by cartoonist Charles […]
The New Albany Garden Club has elected officers for the coming year. From left, above, are Anita Buster, past presdient; Gloria Cooper, treasurer; Samantha Morris, president; Tanya Coombs, vice-president; Rheata Ann West, parliamentarian; Billye Jean Stroud, yearbook chairman; Mary Webb, secretary; and Barbara Fuller, reporter. Below, president Samantha Morris welcomes new club member Carol Riddell.
The Mississippi Homemaker Volunteers of Union County are making plans for their annual Holiday Street Bazaar to be held Tuesday, Oct. 4, and Wednesday, Oct. 5, at the Union County Fairgrounds Ladies Building. The event will begin at 9 a.m. on both days and conclude at 6 p.m. on Tuesday and 3 p.m. on Wednesday. […]
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...