Matthew and Katlin Coleman of New Albany announce the birth of their daughter, Klarksyn Denise Coleman, born July 19 at Baptist Memorial Hospital, Union County. She weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and measured 20 inches long. She is welcomed home by a brother, John Alan Coleman, 2 years. Her grandparents are Mickey and Karen Boyette […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
Edith Wilder will be celebrating her 90th birthday from 2 to 3:30 p.m., Aug. 27 at Pleasant Hill CAC. All family and friends are invited to attend. No presents please. Birthday cards are welcomed.
Mike and Sherry Moore will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Aug. 21. They were married at First Baptist Church in New Albany on Aug. 21, 1966. They will celebrate this event with their daughters, Holly Bailey (Paul) and Bebe Roberts (Kevin) and their grandchildren.
The obvious headline for this story might be “A Miracle in search of a miracle.” While one Miracle is involved, what she is seeking is extremely ambition, but doable. New Albany Elementary School second grader Miracle Hurd was recently saved and baptized July 31 at Victory Life Center and looking for a purpose. “My mom […]
By Kristin Waldrop Special to the Gazette New Albany is no stranger to young talented people. Each year many of those talents are showcased through Upstage, yearly talent shows, and plays held at the New Albany High School auditorium. Some of these hidden talents are just for fun, while others are made into a career […]
Union Countians will have the opportunity to be “dazzled” by some popular music from hit musicals and movies this weekend as the Tallahatchie River Players present their youth production of “Broadway Jr.: Dazzled by Disney.” The show will use singing and choreography to display familiar tunes from Disney movies old and new. Director Tori Baldwin […]
Paul Rainey is a familiar figure to many Union County residents, but a program at the Union County Heritage Museum this past week helped reveal there is still much about the millionaire sportsman people here are unaware of. Renelda Owen, of the Delta State University English Department, presented an illustrated lecture on the life of […]
Cannon Cobb took decisive action to beat the heat at the Union County Fair this past weekend. He appeared to be totally unconcerned that he chose the livestock show water bucket for his afternoon dip. Cannon is the son of Danny and Meghan Cobb.
Forty-one young ladies competed for Miss Union County Fair titles Tuesday to open the five-day event. Four age divisions were included. Junior Miss Union County Fair was for ages 9 and 10, Pre-Teen Miss Union County Fair was for ages 11-13, Teen Miss Union County Fair was for ages 14-16 and Miss Union County Fair […]
By Sonny Harrison It seems everyone and their kids are talking about Pokémon Go and, for good reason. It’s broken multiple smartphone application records and costs less than a high-five. For those who haven’t heard, Pokémon Go is a new game for the smartphone that uses the GPS (Global Positioning System) feature on your smartphone […]
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...