Children at New Albany Elementary School now know about Mississippi’s booster seat law after a visit from a delightful furry mascot named Ollie Otter. The law requires that children ages 4 – 7 must be in booster seats if they are under 4’9” tall or under 65 pounds. Ollie Otter says “You Otter Buckle Up!” […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
The Union County Board of Supervisor accepted bids Monday, trying again to award a contract to build a new bridge on County Road 137 after initial bids were considered much too high. They still did not get a bid as low as the engineer’s estimate, but at least got closer. The bidding this time was […]
Mayor Tim Kent said work to place a box culvert under Main Street beneath the Tanglefoot Trail bridge is being delayed, partly because officials do not want to risk having the street blocked during the Tallahatchie RiverFest that will be held nearby. Some work may be done on placing culverts in the creek beside the […]
Mr. Glenn Reeder’s Excel class studying the Constitution. Mr. Roberts, Assistant Principal, has also reported facts about the Constitution over the intercom each morning for all of the students this week.
Mississippians no longer have to leave the comfort of their home or office to change their existing voter registration information. ‘Y’all Vote’ — located at www.yallvote.sos.ms.gov — launched Wednesday in connection with National Voter Registration Month. The site allows citizens already registered to vote to change their voter-roll information by submitting an online application, and […]
BOONEVILLE, Miss. — Northeast Mississippi Community College Student Government Association (SGA) has a variety of events lined up to help the college celebrate its fifty-ninth homecoming. On Monday, Sept. 26, Northeast’s Sodexo cafeteria staff moved its operations out to the quad area surround the fountain for “Lunch on the Lawn” from 11 a.m. to 1:30 […]
By Tommie Cooper Bro. Hall sang a special, “My Home a Beautiful Song to God.” His message was in Revelations 22:8-21. The title of the message was “Final Warning.” Verse 13: “I am Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end first and last.” Verse 21: ‘The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with […]
The New Albany Garden Club met on Thursday, Sept. 8, 2016 at the home of Mrs. Cathy McClinton. Hostesses were Mrs. Billye Jean Stroud and Mrs. Patrice Smith. Club President, Mrs. Samantha Morris, thanked Mrs. Mary Catherine Shands for her beautiful floral arrangement, “Fall Splendor.” Mrs. Vance Smith gave a devotional based on a quote […]
By Lou McQuary Recently Larry and I went to see the movie about the band Hillsong. It is playing at the Malco in Tupelo. Hillsong is a band from Australia. Our choir sings a lot of the songs that Hillsong writes and performs. The movie was a documentary about the birth of this band. The […]
By Susan Hooker The Pontotoc County Tent Revival will continue this week in Hurricane at 7:30 p.m. through Friday, Sept. 30, as there was a tremendous response by a tri-county area to the services last week with attendance, gifts of services and food, and the local fire department volunteering for parking as well as law […]
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...