Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Mayor Tim Kent said Monday that due to the extraordinary interest in having a Christmas parade, city officials are tentatively planning a scaled-down version next Tuesday, Dec. 13, starting at 6 p.m. The original date was this past Monday, Nov. 28, but heavy rains necessitated cancellation, as they did for the backup date the following […]
The celebration in Cooper Park Thursday including lighting the Christmas tree by Mayor Tim Kent, flanked by aldermen Jeff Olson Kevin Dale White, Will Tucker and Scott Dunnam. Sharing their Christmas wishes with Santa are Kadence, Addisyn and Karter Wagers, children of Anna Wagers, above. At left, a Nativity scene was provided by First United […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors decided this past month to change their meeting schedule from each week to every other week, due to the relatively small number of agenda items that come up in meetings. Monday, despite having more than 20 items on the agenda, their meeting still only lasted about 20 minutes. Many […]
The Mississippi Economic Council’s 22-city Mississippi Connection Tour across Mississippi will be stopping in Union County today. The tour will focus on a healthy economy, a career ready workforce, a healthy workforce, and safe and reliable bridges. The Union County stop is set for Dec. 7 at First United Methodist Church located at 207 E. […]
Santa Claus will pay his annual visit to the Union County Heritage Museum this Saturday, Dec. 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for youngsters to give him their Christmas lists. There also will be hands-on crafts for children and hot chocolate and cookies for everyone. The event is co sponsored by the Historic Northside […]
Donations are beginning to come in for the 42nd annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County. Donations have reached $6,365 toward the goal of $15,000 for the program, sponsored by the New Albany Gazette with the help of many community volunteers. The program provides about 200 […]
U.S. Senators Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) and Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), and Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant this week welcomed the release of $33 million in federal funding to allow the state to implement infrastructure to enhance coordination among emergency responders statewide. The approval of the Broadband Technology Opportunity Project grant by the U.S. Department of Commerce ends […]
Register now for the 2017 Spring Semester at Northeast Mississippi Community College and you’re on your way. Classes begin Monday, Jan. 9, in Booneville, Corinth and New Albany. On-site registration at Corinth and New Albany is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 5, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Northeast’s Bookstore is located in Cartwright Hall (formerly Stringer Hall) and is […]
Ashley’s Angels has announced Heidi Susanne Clayton as the winner of their T-shirt contest. Heidi is a 4th grade student at New Albany Elementary School and the daughter of Brad and Jamie Clayton of New Albany. Ashley’s Angels offered the opportunity for art teachers to participate in a T-shirt contest to get the children more […]
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday