The 2016 East Union Homecoming Court was presented on Friday, Sept. 23 in a halftime ceremony at East Union. The court includes Maid Hannah Duley and escort Grant White, Maid Sallie Pannell and escort Jacob Raines, Maid Kensie Roberts and escort Zach Penny, Homecoming Queen Kallie Roberts and escort Carson Hall, Maid Rebecca Sheffield and […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
State revenues may have been disappointing over the past several months but New Albany and Union County appear to be thriving. An obvious example is the downtown area with virtually no vacant buildings, and another is the proliferation of restaurants. Then there are at least four new retail centers under construction or planned, and the […]
New Albany and Union County will soon become a solar energy supplier. Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley gave official approval to the construction of a solar farm in New Albany, following a public hearing on the matter Wednesday. The $3.7 million facility will be constructed by SR New Albany LLC and interconnect with Northeast Mississippi […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors enacted a burn ban for the county Monday, effective until Oct. 24. County Fire Coordinator Steve Coker, who is also the New Albany Fire Chief, said the ban can be lifted earlier if the area receives enough rain, and can also be extended if need be. The county ban […]
No doubt passersby have noticed the work going on at the historic former bus station the past few months. Now, completion of the renovation is only weeks away for what will become the mortgage center for BNA Bank. “The construction deadline is Oct. 8 so it should be open by mid- to late October,” BNA […]
Luke Bolen, Lewis Creekmore, John Davis, Eli Parks, and Tucker Shannon, members of First United Methodist Church Boy Scout Troop #17 have earned the honor of Eagle Scout, the highest rank that the Boy Scouts offers. These young men were honored in a formal Court of Honor ceremony at First United Methodist Church on August […]
Two events are coming up to benefit the fledgling Union County Humane Society. The “Cruising for Critters” poker run will be held Saturday, Oct. 1. Registration will be from 9 to 10:15 a.m. at El Agave Restaurant with kick stands up at 10:30. Trophies will be awarded for best and worst hand, as well as […]
The West Tallahatchie Baptist Church youth group honored first responders with a service and meal at the church Sunday, Sept. 18. Those invited included EMTs, firefighters and law enforcement.
Candidates and political committees can now save time and increase transparency to the public by filing their campaign finance reports online. The Secretary of State’s Office unveiled a new campaign finance web site today. The site allows filers to download user-friendly Excel spreadsheets, input contributions and disbursements over time, and then upload the information into […]
By Loretta Easley Hello to all on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. Although it is very hot and dry. We are in the first full week of fall and it is still summer weather. A good fall rain would surely be nice. Last week Will McCullough and Ashley McClain came by for a visit on Tuesday […]
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...