The state’s annual Sales Tax Holiday will take place this weekend beginning at 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 29, and ending at midnight Saturday, July 30. The “back to school” event will save seven percent in sales tax for specific, mostly clothing, items that cost less than $100 each. It was established and set for this […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Summer may not be over but school starts next week and Mississippi State Department of Health District Health Officer Dr. Crystal Tate is visiting cities in her district to remind parents that children will not be allowed to register unless they have proof of the required vaccinations. She said there is no good reason, economic […]
It’s back to the drawing board for a bridge project after all the bids submitted this past week were anywhere from 25 to more than 100 percent higher than engineering estimates. The project is for a bridge on CR 137 northeast of New Albany and near the Pleasant Hill area. The apparent low bidder was […]
To celebrate the end of summer break and the start of a new school year The New Albany Gazette is offering a spccial one-day deal on a one-year subscription to our newspaper. On Friday, July 29, you can get a one-year subscription for $29, about one third off the normal price. This is open to […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will host a free back-to-school health fair on Saturday, Aug. 6 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the hospital’s front lobby. The event will feature a host of free health screenings, health and dental tips, safety information, a teddy bear clinic, fingerprinting, school supplies giveaways, plus attendees will have the […]
From left are third alternate Carson Hamblin, son of Tyler Hamblin and Courtney Herod; second alternate John Anderson Jr., son of John Anderson Sr. and Chia Smith; first alternate Wyatt Hill, son of Jakob and Felisha Hill; and Infant Mr. Union County Fair Silas Treadaway, son of Joe and Paige Treadaway. From left are third […]
New American Legion Potter-Henry-Lowrey Post 72 officers installed this past week include, from left, Comander Gary Wack, Second Vice-Commander Williams Byers, Sergeant at Arms Ray Tate, Post Adjutant and Historian Mike Bennett, installing officer Ray Barnett, Assistant Post Adjutant Bobby J. Irvin, outgoing Commander Roy Caldwell and Chaplain George Dixon. Not present were First Vice-Commander […]
By Tommie Cooper On Wednesday night, July 20, we had a good Bible study. Bro. Hall was in Ephesians 1:17-22. Jamie’s dad Wayne Culpepper was doing better. I went by and saw Jolene one day. She was doing well. Debbie, Jon, Candy and Ethan Herring went to see Jill Herring in Honolulu. They all were […]
By Lou McQuary Steve, Tammy, Cole, Leigh, Carley and Claire Wilkerson, along with Rachel Baker spent a few days recently in Panama City Beach. Originally it was planned as a girls’ trip for Carley and her bridesmaids but several of them had school commitments. While there, Steve and Cole spent part of a day deep-sea […]
By Susan Hooker The “dog days of summer” are definitely some of the hottest weather that Hurricane has seen in a while as the heat indexes maxed out into triple digits. Our recent guests from Texas complained that their dry heat (think 114 in the shade of a prickly pear cactus) sure beats this humidity. […]
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Garrett to compete in national tennis tournament July 27, 2016
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Baptist Union County hosts Back-to-School Health Fair July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...