Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County announced Friday the Baptist HealthPlex will transition to a new owner effective Aug. 1. Flex Fitness, LLP will take over operations as of 12:01 a.m., August 1, 2016. Their long- term goal is to make enhancements to the facility, and make the transition a seamless one for members. “The Baptist HealthPlex […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Union Countians will have the opportunity to be “dazzled” by some popular music from hit musicals and movies this weekend as the Tallahatchie River Players present their youth production of “Broadway Jr.: Dazzled by Disney.” The show will use singing and choreography to display familiar tunes from Disney movies old and new. Director Tori Baldwin […]
Residents in the Martintown area got some good news this week: county supervisors announced the new bridge over the Tallahatchie River on CR 86 was officially opened Thursday. The new bridge replaced one estimated to be about 70 years and brought here, used, from another part of the state. Its condition had deteriorated and it […]
Paul Rainey is a familiar figure to many Union County residents, but a program at the Union County Heritage Museum this past week helped reveal there is still much about the millionaire sportsman people here are unaware of. Renelda Owen, of the Delta State University English Department, presented an illustrated lecture on the life of […]
Jackson-based band Young Valley will bring its brand of the “alt-country” music genre to the Levitt-AMP Music Series in New Albany this Saturday. The band is a product of love of music for fraternal twins, Dylan and Zach Lovett. The brothers, named after Bob Dylan and Neil Young, began playing guitar together around the age […]
Bradley Littlejohn, Lance Moore, and Brock White will present Paid In Full’s 25th Anniversary Homecoming concert on Saturday, Aug. 6, at Hillcrest Baptist Church in New Albany at 6 p.m. This year’s event will feature perennial favorite Brian Eads on piano to compliment the seamless vocals of New Albany’s own Gospel trio. Bradley Littlejohn said, […]
Melissa Jackson, an outpatient surgery nurse at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, recently received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, an award given in appreciation of the work nurses do. Jackson was nominated by several patients for her kindness and thoughtfulness. Nurses like Jackson are nominated by patients, families, and colleagues for the DAISY Award, […]
The Pilot Club of New Albany Officers for 2016-2017 are, from left, Chaplain Shirley White, Director Collett Cross, Treasurer Ellen Staten, Vice-President Brittany Willard, President-Elect Bailey King, President Melissa Manning, Secretary Carol Riddell, Director Donna Graham, Director Jennifer Cobb, Director Betty King, and Parliamentarian Rheta Ann West.
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County recently announced Michelle Nichols, social services, has been named Service First Champion for the quarter. Nichols joined the social services department at Baptist Union County four years ago. Service First Champions are individuals who consistently exceed all expectations for the purpose of serving others and are nominated by colleagues, physicians, […]
Cora Sanders observed her 98th birthday Sunday, July 24. The Union County native was born in 1918. She was honored with a reception by family and friends Saturday at Union County Health and Rehab where she is a resident.
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series