By Margaret McCraw Fall officially arrived yesterday, Sept. 22, so perhaps our hot and humid weather will soon be nothing more than a very warm memory. Best wishes to David Coker who is suffering some broken ribs. The Youths from our church were visiting last Wednesday evening and I was pleased to have Kye Roberts, […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Loretta Easley Hello to Mrs. Vera Ford at Dry Creek who reads the Gazette every week. Here’s hoping that you and all the others there are having a good day. Well, our little baby girl is coming along fine, she now weighs two pounds and three ounces as of Saturday night. Kaylee Ann was […]
The New Century Club met on Sept. 7 at the recently completed country retreat of Joy Hill and her family. President Lynn Madden called the meeting to order, and program chairman Susan Feather introduced the theme for the year: Reading Around The World. Michelle Hagins reviewed Goldeneye: Where Bond Was Born: Ian Fleming’s Jamaica by […]
By Lou McQuary Bro. Landreth and Margaret Murphree and Gary and Brenda Stepp left Sept. 3 heading first to Renfro Valley in Kentucky. From there they went to the Ark Encounter in Williamstown. Margaret said the exhibit of the ark was tremendous. The characters as well as the animals were all animated, and they all […]
By Tommie Cooper Sunday, Sept. 18, the Lord’s Day, Bro. Hall sang a special, ‘’Look for Me at Jesus’ Feet.” Bro. Hall’s message was in Revelation 22:1-7, “Are you putting your treasures in earth or in Heaven.” OCC shoeboxes need bar soap, washcloths, stick deodorant. Fall revival is Sept. 25-28, with services Sunday night at […]
By Loretta Easley Wednesday morning, Sept. 7, word came that Clara Harrison had taken a turn for the worse. Thursday about 10 a.m. she passed away at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She had lived in the community for many years. A very good friend to me. A faithful member of Keownville Baptist […]
By Margaret McCraw We all remember this past week 15 years ago with a saddened heart because of the lives lost and families torn apart when the planes hit the Twin Towers in New York City and the Pentagon. However, after all that’s been said and done I believe there is still a closeness of […]
The August meeting of Liberty School was held on the evening of the sixteenth. Mrs. Lil Nelson welcomed the attendees. Tony Brooks gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner. In the business session Joanne Gaines read minutes from the July meeting. Tony Brooks was recognized for making a new sign for the […]
By Tommie Cooper On Sunday, Sept. 5, we had a good crowd and a few visitors. We hope they will come back again. Bro. Hall’s message was in Revelation 21:1-5, “God with Us,” “New Heaven and a New Earth.” Fall revival will be Sept. 25-28 with Bro. Marty Merritt doing the preaching. Services are Sunday […]
By Susan Hooker The last week of summer has flocks of geese and the yellow butterflies headed south daily plus the leaves have started to change to their autumn colors of red, orange and yellow as I traveled from Lafayette Springs via Old Cypress, Christian’s Rest, Philadelphia and then east on Hwy. 30 to West […]
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...