By Loretta Easley A cheery hello on this windy Friday morning. It is almost time for us to vote in the upcoming election on March 8. It is very important that everyone exercise his God-given right. We want to send as many delegates as possible to the National Convention and the only way we can […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Lou McQuary On Sunday, Feb. 14, Regina and Barry Russell celebrated two birthdays with a barbecue lunch with all the trimmings. Their son, Ryan, celebrated his 27th birthday and a family friend, Brady McGregor, his 13th. Enjoying the birthday dinner with these two were: Barry and Regina Russell; Jerry and Brenda McGregor; Ashley, Jennifer, […]
By Susan Hooker The last week of February is bringing the usual mixed weather conditions with rain and light snow in the forecast for Hurricane. One of the annual flowers that I look forward to their blooming is the buttercups as usually spring is not far behind. I made a comment that the pasture side was not blooming […]
After several years of being dormant, the Historic Northside Neighborhood Association held a sort of revitalization meeting Tuesday evening at the landmark Cleveland Street Associate Presbyterian Church. One of the main purposes was to determine whether enough interest existed to reactivate the organization. A good answer to that question is that nearly 50 people showed […]
By Lou McQuary The LINK students of Union County went on a field trip Feb. 11-12 to Jackson. Schools represented were East Union, West Union, Myrtle and Ingomar. From West Union Jessica Wright, LINK teacher, and students Josie Baird, Halei Leahey, Leilee Owens and Justice Williams attended. They toured the State Capitol, the Old Capitol […]
By Tommie Cooper For the Wednesday, Feb. 10, Bible study Bro. Hall was teaching in Matthew 6:5-13, “The Lord’s Prayer, Spirit to lead us, we have not because we ask not.” On Sunday, Feb.14, Bro. Hall sang, “Lay My Isaiah Down.” Bro. Hall’s message was in I Corinthians 13:1-13, “What has love got to do […]
A meeting of the Historic Northside Neighborhood Association will be held next Tuesday, Feb. 16, at 5:30 p.m. in the Cleveland Street Presbyterian Church fellowship hall. The association was formed more than a decade ago to help improve the quality of life in the historic area and to deal specifically with concerns about crime and […]
By Margaret McCraw If we were wondering where our cold weather went, now we know. These last few mornings are something that usually stays well to the north of us. I live out in the county and my temperature usually runs about five degrees colder than Tupelo. However, I did not see any snowflakes on […]
By Loretta Easley Well, hello there on this bright and beautiful Friday morning on the fifth of February. I sincerely hope all are well after all the stormy weather on Tuesday. There have been a lot of deaths connected to this area this week. Sympathy is extended to Agnes Hill and Helen Tubman, both of […]
By Lou McQuary Mitchell and Debbie Jumper recently took their family on a seven-day cruise to the Bahamas. Those enjoying the trip were Debbie and Mitchell Jumper; Kyle, Christie, Kylee Ann and Lucy Jumper; Danny, Meghan, Sadie and Cannon Cobb. The port of call was Key West, Fla., Freeport and Nassau Bahamas. Their view for […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert