Margaret McCraw 534-4484 August already and school is in session. Where did the last 12 months go? Forever “pressed in the pages of our mind.” I hope all the students have happy memories of their summer. Ellistown Baptist congregation is happy to see their new church building progressing each week, however, a death has saddened […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Lou McQuary Eva Crawley recently spent a week in Orange Beach, Ala. at the Phoenix West. Two of her daughters were with her, Beverly Cooper and her husband, Keith, and Janet Hendrix and her husband, Jimmy. Several grandchildren and great-grandchildren joined them. This was their 18th year for their yearly trip to Orange Beach. […]
By Tommie Cooper For the Wednesday night Bible study, Bro. Hall was teaching in Psalms 8:3-6. A birthday celebration for Miss Ruth Lessel is Aug. 6 at the Center Hill fellowship hall from 4 to 6. No gifts, please. We had a good crowd for homecoming today, with little Masey Harrison singing a special, “Amazing […]
By Susan Hooker August is a busy month as area schools are scheduled to begin a new school calendar on the fourth for 2016-17. The hillside will become quieter, and the driveway will be less hectic as all six grandchildren will be attending school. Plans for a final fling for summer were discussed on Sunday for Labor Day weekend. […]
By Margaret McCraw The hot temperatures are only exceeded this week by politics. Isn’t it an exciting time when we are somewhat able to help elect our choice for office? As the old saying goes, “It brings out the best in us and it brings out the worst in us.” What a privilege we as […]
By Loretta Easley A great big hello to everyone. It has been an exciting week for the Keownville Community. Sunday evening Clara Harrison had to return to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. Her temperature rose and she had pneumonia among other problems. Clara remains in ICU this Saturday evening, not improved very much. She has […]
By Tommie Cooper On Wednesday night, July 20, we had a good Bible study. Bro. Hall was in Ephesians 1:17-22. Jamie’s dad Wayne Culpepper was doing better. I went by and saw Jolene one day. She was doing well. Debbie, Jon, Candy and Ethan Herring went to see Jill Herring in Honolulu. They all were […]
By Lou McQuary Steve, Tammy, Cole, Leigh, Carley and Claire Wilkerson, along with Rachel Baker spent a few days recently in Panama City Beach. Originally it was planned as a girls’ trip for Carley and her bridesmaids but several of them had school commitments. While there, Steve and Cole spent part of a day deep-sea […]
By Susan Hooker The “dog days of summer” are definitely some of the hottest weather that Hurricane has seen in a while as the heat indexes maxed out into triple digits. Our recent guests from Texas complained that their dry heat (think 114 in the shade of a prickly pear cactus) sure beats this humidity. […]
The June meeting of Liberty school was held June 21. Attendees were welcomed by Mrs. Lil Nelson. Tony Brooks gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner. In the business session Joanne Gaines read minutes from the previous meeting. Lil Nelson read the financial report for Wayne Alexander, Treasurer. The program for the […]
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...