By Susan Hooker The summer solstice began on June 20 with an occurrence of a “Strawberry moon” on Monday night. It has been 70 years since the last one, and it will be 46 years until the next one. Hurricane’s own prelude to summer began with triple-digit temperatures and heat advisories last week. On Saturday, […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Tommie Cooper For the Wednesday night Bible study Bro. Hall was teaching in Ezekiel 28:12-19. Sunday, June 26, some were out at the youth camp. Sunday, Bro. Hall’s message was in Colossians 1:1-11. Kids got back around 4 Sunday evening. We had 77 kids to go to camp. Some were saved and other decisions […]
By Margaret McCraw Congratulations to our East Union Urchins who won All-Sports Award for their division. The four state championships by East Union for the 2015-2016 school year has given them this honor. East Union High School was named the Class 2AAll-Sports Award winner by The Clarion Ledger, which has tallied points for up to […]
By Loretta Easley Descendants of John Wesley and Laura Nebraska Lominick Hines met Saturday, June 11, 2016 at Mt. Olivet Methodist Church for their annual family reunion. Local attendees were Billy Don and Ann Bevill, Glen Ford, Ronald Dale and Elzena Owen, Wade and Wanda Chism, Steven Jarvis, Vonia Stasko, Amanda Chandler and daughter, Macy […]
By Tommie Cooper For Wednesday night’s Bible study June 15, Bro. Hall was teaching in II Peter 1:3, 4, “God has given us all things.” If you are a child of God you have a song on your heart. I took Momma to her eye doctor. Her eyes are still about the same. We took […]
By Lou McQuary Emma Vance’s granddaughter, Jody Vance, recently passed her state board exams for nursing. She is going to work at Tupelo in Critical Care. Jody is from Blue Springs and she is the daughter of Gary Vance. Another one of Miss Emma’s granddaughters, Tiffany Blaylock, passed her nursing practicing license. She will be […]
The New Albany Garden Club met for its annual planning meeting at the Darden Lake Home of Mrs. Gloria Cooper. President Samantha Morris thanked Mrs. Cooper for inviting the club to meet at her home. Other hostesses were Mrs. Grace Provence, Mrs. Betty Campbell, Mrs. Gwyn Pennebaker and Mrs. Mary Webb. The dining table was […]
By Margaret McCraw For May 27 Congratulations to our East Union Urchins baseball team and to Coach Chris Basil for winning the state championship title. You have made our community, and anyone who ever attended the old Center High school, proud of your success. I liked what Coach Basil said: “This is for every kid […]
By Loretta Easley Last Wednesday morning my neighbor, Chrystine Ketchum, fell in the utility room and broke her hip. She is at North Mississippi Medical Center waiting for hip replacement surgery to take place on Tuesday. She will probably be home on Saturday. Saturday, word came that Billy Rutledge had died. His son Randy is […]
By Loretta Easley Thursday, May 19, was Senior Adult day at the fairgrounds with local law enforcement in charge of cooking and serving. Whoops! I forgot all county workers were involved. The food was delicious and the fellowship was even better. I don’t know how many years I have been writing for the Gazette but […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert