By Tommie Cooper For Wednesday night’s Bible study Bro. Hall was teaching from Galatians 5:16-21. It is a good Bible study; come out and join us. Vicki Jo brought her mamaw Ethel Grant to see my mom Effie Smith Saturday. They had a long visit together. Aunt Ethel said my mom just kept hugging her, she […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Susan Hooker Memorial Day weekend is the first hurrah of the upcoming summer season that will bring family reunions, water skiing, catfish grabbling and backyard grilling to the community. The freedom that we have as a nation is a testament to those veterans that are honored at our Hurricane Community Center with a sidewalk and a […]
By Loretta Easley A special hello to Nannie Lee Coker at home and Willard Harmon, Estelle Rhodes and James Tollison at Health and Rehab in New Albany. I hope all of you have a very nice day. The 175th anniversary was very good at Fellowship Sunday, May 15. The message by Bro. Jim Futral was […]
By Tommie Cooper Wednesday I went by and got my mom’s friend Ms. Virginia to go visit my mom. She was so surprised; she didn’t know she was coming. They had a great visit together. I ate lunch with Momma, then after lunch Elaine brought Ms. Ruth and Mr. Virgil for a visit. For the Wednesday night Bible […]
By Lou McQuary Macedonia had several members who graduated this week from college. Penny Hallam graduated from Northeast with a degree in Applied Sciences in Paralegal Technology. Jodie McMillen graduated from ICC in nursing. On Friday night she had her pinning ceremony at Fulton Davis event center. Graduation was Saturday where she graduated with honors […]
By Loretta Easley A wonderful time was had at Keownville Baptist Church last week when revival services were Sunday through Wednesday. Bro. Williams brought really good messages. On Sunday morning, May 15, Fellowship Baptist Church will celebrate 175 years. Bro. Jim Futral will be bringing the message. Revival services will continue through Wednesday night. A […]
The Junta Club concluded the year of study, Meet the Presidents, at the May 3 meeting with Jill Shaw as hostess. Vice-President Robin Lindsey conducted the business meeting. New officers for 2016-2017 were submitted by the Nominating Committee and approved unanimously. It was announced that the Barnes and Noble gift card had been purchased for […]
By Lou McQuary Martha Owen attended the wedding of her granddaughter, Leah Heimbach, in Grenada. The rehearsal was Friday, April 15. A friend of Leah’s, Anita Gulliard, directed the wedding. After practice, they ate the rehearsal dinner at a restaurant in Grenada. Seventy-five people attended the sit-down dinner. A wide assortment of food was available […]
The April meeting of Liberty school was held April 19. Mrs. Lil Nelson welcomed the attendees. Bill Wigington gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish lunch. In the business session the financial report was given by Wayne Alexander. Mrs. Nelson read thank-you cards from Frances Dunlap and the family of Lellar Mayo. She […]
By Susan Hooker The first week of May brought the cooler weather known as “Blackberry winter” to Hurricane. Also the countryside is abloom with varied wildflowers like the yellow tops, the lavender phlox, and the white asters. Springtime in the Hill Country of North Mississippi is always one of the most scenic of the four seasons. Congratulations […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...