By Susan Hooker The Warren-Graham Reunion was well attended by guests from several states from the Deep South and the American West on July 16. The Warren awards were presented to the following: the eldest, John Grisham; the youngest, Harper Hooker; and the ones who traveled the farthest, James and Janet Durham, Lubbock, Texas. The Graham awards […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
By Margaret McCraw Twenty-two members of our Sunshine Band met at Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Tupelo last Tuesday morning, June 12th, and enjoyed a meal and fellowship. Some of us older ones decided to ride our church bus driven by Terry Humphreys, who did a wonderful job and was very patient in helping us ailing […]
Note: The following are not all pageant winners; others will appear in the next issue Little Mr. Union County Fair From left are, second alternate Sawyer Neal Dodd, son of Jon and Amanda Dodd; first alternate Thayer Clayburn Goudy, son of Ronnie and Jennifer Goudy; and Little Mr. Union County Fair Dillon Ray Davis, son […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors are apparently trying to get the best use out of state road and bridge funds before the end of the fiscal year. The approved the beginning of two bridge projects Monday before receiving bids on a third bridge. The first two are situated on County Road 59 between Hwy. […]
The Business2Business luncheon sponsored by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi this past Thursday might well have been called Better Employees 2 Business. The purpose of the meeting was to make local industry and business leaders aware of a new training and technical skill-measuring tool that can greatly improve the quality of workers coming to their respective […]
The Union County Sheriff’s Department has reported a series of arrests going over the past few weeks involving drug and burglary charges. In the first case, deputies stopped James Knighton, 31, of 1029 CR 54, New Albany for a traffic offense this past Tuesday night in Myrtle. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said Knighton was found to […]
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has announced that work is progressing on a bridge deck repair project on Highway 78 in Union County. As of Monday, July 18, the right lane of Highway 78 eastbound was to be closed. There is a wide load restriction placed on eastbound traffic. Wide loads must take an alternate […]
New Albany Elementary School will introduce students and their families to the Ticket to Read program during the 2016-2017 school year thanks, in part, to a grant from Toyota. Ticket to Read is an interactive, Web-based, student-centered learning component that promotes the practice of text reading. The program enables students to build fluency, strengthen vocabulary, […]
Thanks to a new law that took effect July 1, Mississippians can now register their cell phone numbers with the Public Service Commission’s Do Not Call list. The law provides citizens protection from being called by telemarketers if they so choose. In order to raise awareness of the new law, the Public Service Commission held […]
By Lou McQuary Brandon Kisor traveled to San Diego, Calif. last week for work. Traveling along to enjoy cooler weather and see city sights were Amanda and Birdie Mae Kisor and Beverly Hall. Some of the sights enjoyed by the girls were Old Town Market, Embarcadero, San Diego Seaport, Gaslamp Quarter, Coronado, Balboa Park, Little […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...