The youths of West Tallahatchie Baptist Church have been working on goody bags for all of our local emergency professionals for about a month. Each Wednesday night they would focus on a different group. A couple of weeks ago they held an event at their church on Sunday night to invite everyone to their church […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
“The Mississippi Department of Transportation has announced updates to several major infrastructure improvement projects in the Northern Transportation District,” said Commissioner Mike Tagert. “The projects are located throughout Itawamba, Monroe, Pontotoc and Union counties in the northeastern portion of the state and will greatly improve safety and mobility in the region.” · State Route 15 […]
2016 National School Bus Safety Week: October 17-21, 2016 Union County School District is going to focus on ensuring their students know the safety rules of a bus. Also, National School Bus Safety is a time for bus drivers to be thanked for transporting precious children each and every day. Below are some rules […]
Tupelo, MS- United Blood Services has issued an emergency appeal for O-negative blood type donors. Reserves of O negative type blood are depleted to a less than one day supply on the shelves. Only six percent of the population has O-negative blood, yet hospital trauma centers reach for it first. That’s because O-negative blood is […]
The Union County Literacy Council held their annual bake sale on Saturday, Oct. 1. It was held at the New Albany Community Center. They thanked the many volunteers and bakers who contributed their goodies and time to help fight illiteracy, and thanked the Park Commission as well. The council is a non-profit organization that offers […]
By Margaret McCraw Last Sunday was certainly a beautiful Fall day with temperatures at 48 degrees when I headed to church about 9: 15 a.m. We still need rain so we can lift the burn bans. Bro. Mike had 40 present last Wednesday morning for student breakfast. Sunday, Oct. 16, our church was to recognize […]
By Tommie Cooper Wednesday night’s Bible study was in Ephesians 6:17-19, “Swords of Spirit.” We have peace of mind, because we have peace with God (Shield of Faith). There was a good turnout for brotherhood Sunday morning. OCC shoeboxes need small stuffed animals and other small toys for boys and girls. We will be putting […]
By Lou McQuary During the first week in October, Tammy and Steve Wilkerson went to Gatlinburg. They stayed at the Summitt, above Ober Gatlinburg. After they got there and unpacked, they were traveling to Pigeon Forge on Gatlinburg Bypass when they saw two bear cubs cross the road. Tammy was going to get out and […]
Cotton Plant area residents nearly filled Ebenezer A. R. P. Church Monday, all seeking help in getting better phone and internet service. Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley was there at the behest of one of the residents, Sandra McCollum, to talk about what could be done. “This is not the first one of […]
A steady stream of visitors took advantage of Baptist Memorial Hospital’s annual health fair Thursday, which this year offered a series of free lab tests as well as other screening. Above, Sandra Smith draws blood from Larry Littlejohn for tests and, below, Emergency Department Nurse Manager Heather Reid gives Phyllis Stanford her flu vaccination for […]
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...