I wasn’t all that good a student in college. In fact, the intricacies of math and science pretty much eluded me in high school, so I was totally unprepared for college. I was thinking about that as we were going through stuff, sorting out things that needed to go into the garage for a garage […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
The message from the Union County School Board and administration to parents was simple: for everyone to start looking at the district as a whole and not each individual school. That is what Union County Superintendent Ken Basil said to the crowd gathered at Ingomar Monday night to discuss the county’s co-op programs of band […]
The ABC’s of NAHS: A is for an outstanding grade that ranges from a 90 to 100. B is for the New Albany Band that performs at half-time during the football games. C is for Callie Creekmore, NAHS’s student body president. D is for the weekly devotions that are given during FCA every Wednesday morning. […]
The Dogwood Hills Garden Club held its first meeting of the 2009-2010 club year on September 2 at the Union County Heritage Museum. In attendance were ten members and two guests. After a delicious meal provided by Mrs. Helen Brown, the meeting began. Mrs. Betty McMillen gave the devotional, on the need to simplify one’s […]
The Historic Northside District Garden Club met on September 3, 2009 in the home of Veronica Wiseman. Refreshments were provided by Mrs. Wiseman and Anita Buster to the following members: Anita Buster, Ninabeth Capaning, Bethany Dalton, Jane Gadd, Betty Inis, Lynn Madden, Marci Mazariego, Jan McMillin, Rebecca Owen, Nancy Pannell, Sandy Shaddinger, and Veronica Wiseman. […]
Kareem Brown scored two touchdowns as the Bulldogs easily put away the defending 2A state champs 31-12 Friday night. Brown stepped up for his first 100 yard performance of the season, rushing for 124 yards on 14 carries, capped off with his two-yard run in the second and a kickoff return for a touchdown to […]
Union County has been given the opportunity to participate in a pilot program provided by the State Department of Education. Thirty-seven school districts participated in the pilot program for the 2008-2009 school year. Sixty schools will implement the program for the 2009-2010 school year. Union County is one of the sixty. The program is called […]
One of the most popular biblical translations among evangelical conservatives is the New International Version. Introduced in 1978, and immediately endorsed by Billy Graham, the NIV has sold over 300 million copies. As of 2011 the NIV is scheduled for an update. Editors argue that as language changes, biblical translations need to change in order […]
New Albany had a good day at the plate but could not produce runs as they fell at North Pontotoc, 5-1 Tuesday. The Lady ‘Dawgs had singles by their leadoff hitters in four of seven innings, but left seven stranded throughout the game. North Pontotoc jumped to a 2-0 lead after a double by Hannah […]
The 2009 campaign for United Way is underway and the goal has been set at $2.1 million to be raised in the seven-county region of North Mississippi. In the current year, United Way has provided more than $62,000 for Union County agencies. Anne Shirley is now heading up the United Way campaign in Union County.
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...