Ashland proved to be too much for the Eagles, as they defeated West Union 78-49 in the Myrtle Christmas Clash Monday afternoon. The Eagles were able to keep the game close in the first quarter, as they were down only 10-6 midway in the frame. The Blue Devils would close out the quarter on a […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Kayla Stevens scored 15 points, as the Lady Falcons took the 46-43 overtime win over West Union last Friday. Trailing 17-15 at the half, the Lady Eagles scored 18 points in the third quarter to lead Ingomar33-25 heading into the fourth. Tying the game and heading into overtime, Ingomar outscored the Lady Eagles 7-4 to […]
The Lady Bulldogs remain undefeated on the year after defeating North Pontotoc 66-44 Friday night. New Albany opened on a 6-0 run, but several turnovers by both squads made it 16-7 after the first with nine Lady ‘Dawg turnovers. The Lady Vikings cut the deficit in the second, 22-15 before New Albany extended their lead […]
Stewart Howell, 37 Stewart Alan Howell, age 37, of Myrtle, died Saturday, December 12, 2009 at his residence. He was born April 27, 1972 to Clyde Howell and Marion McCallen. He was a employee of Riverside Traffic Systems, Inc. He was a member of the Amaziah Baptist Church. Services will be 1 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. […]
All my life, I have considered myself a Baby Boomer, part of the dramatic population growth trend after the end of World War II. It turns out I’m not. I’ll be 64 years old next Sunday. But I’ve learned that the vanguard of the Baby Boom generation is the group of Americans who will turn […]
New Albany coach John Stroud announced the Monday, December 21 games versus Shannon have been rescheduled for January 25, 2010. NAHS will travel to North Pontotoc Friday night, December 18 to face the Vikings and Lady Vikings. Games are slated to start at 6:00 p.m.
Twelve school districts in Mississippi have been recognized for high student achievement and it should come as no surprise that the New Albany School District is one of them. The recognition came in the Mississippi School Boards Association Lighthouse School Leader Awards program. The awards honor top districts in student achievement tests and success in […]
A Baptist scholar and ethicist declared recently that the conflict in Afghanistan is an unjust war. Robert Parham, Executive Director of the Baptist Center for Ethics, wrote in his column at EthicsDaily.com, that President Obama’s decision to increase troop size in Afghanistan by 30,000 without a clear statement of the intended outcome of the surge […]
Union County residents without adequate medical insurance may benefit from a program to be offered through the county government. The county has contracted to provide a prescription discount card for residents who either do not have medical insurance or are underinsured. County Administrator Terry Johnson said anyone may get a card, but the main focus […]
All Mississippians may now get access to the H1N1 vaccine, the Mississippi State Department of Health recently announced. The department has made both the 2009 H1N1 (swine flu) injectable and nasal mist vaccine to the general public. Both the injectable vaccine and the nasal mist vaccine are free at all county health departments. Some private […]
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...