Dear Amy: How should I handle a friend who is bipolar? She is fine until she goes off her medication, then she becomes nasty and hateful, and I am not sure how to forgive her for what she has said about me. She has done the same thing to several other female friends. — Put-Upon […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
The end of summer is drawing near and the time to prepare your tools for winter storage is at hand. After mowing for the last time, add a little fuel stabilizer to the tank on your gas operated tools, wash all the grass and debris from them and lubricate all the cutting surfaces. I like […]
Staff members and children at the Kountry Kids Christian Academy in Union County practice good sanitary skills such as hand washing and using hand sanitizer before eating and before playing with toys. Many places that take care of children on a daily basis are teaching them the ways to remain healthy and germ-free. The people […]
Dear Amy: I’m almost 25, and over the last few weeks I have found myself at a fork in the road with bad GPS. I have many friends pushing in many directions, the very limited support of my family, and unemployment. I also have mixed feelings about everything. On one hand, I could go to […]
The Tallahatchie Riverfest recently announced the winners of the one-act playwriting competition. They are the following: 1st Place Was It Worth It? By Richelle Putnam, Robert Ray, Daniel Lee, Barry McMullan and Virgina Dawkins Meridian, MS 2nd Place Return to Mississippi By Paulina K. Dennis Myrtle, MS 38650 3rd Place The Wake By Lauren Lindsey […]
Our community was saddened again Sunday morning when news came that Lecia Hall Pannell had a heart attack and died early Sunday morning. She leaves her husband Eddie Pannell, daughter Megan Hogue and son Colby Pannell. Her parents are Leon and Betty Hall, a brother Olen Hall and sister Shelia Greer all of Keownville. May […]
The kindergarteners from New Albany Elementary School have been studying transportation in their classes and all created cars from their own designs. The school held a car show to show off their creations on Friday, Sept.11th.
The Class of 1953 of Hurricane High had a reunion at the community center on Saturday, Sept. 12th. Those enjoying the event are as follows: Alvis and Estelle (Coleman) Maxey, Memphis; Bro, John D. and Ruby Stevens. Saltillo; Norman and Lucy Gullick, Fair Play, South Carolina; Brooks and Jackie Dowdy, La Follette, Tenn.; Nellie (Ashley) […]
Wildflowers, butterflies, birds, and other wonders of nature were discussed last Thursday at the monthly New Albany Garden Club meeting. Margaret Gratz, an author and columnist, and nicknamed, “The Earth Lady” was the speaker at the program entitled, “Wildflowers and Wildlife”, which was held at the Union County Heritage Museum. Gratz talked mainly about birds, […]
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...