Sunday morning – a soft rain is falling – it’s the only sound I hear on this early pre-dawn morning. I open my Bible to the 23rd Psalm. It’s the day’s Sunday School study. I review my notes – amazed that with such a familiar passage, I’m still seeing new insights in the verses. Like […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Same story, new year. New Albany will travel to Itawamba this Friday to take on the Indians, who are the top ranked team in 4A. NAHS will be looking for their first divisional win, and it will be a tough test against the undefeated Indians. “Whenever you get film on teams, you try to look […]
Deepest sympathy to the families of Glenn Millican and Roy Hill. Mr. Millican was the uncle of one of our 1949 class members, Bryan Millican, and Mr. Hill was a brother to one of our class members, Norman Hill. Also, Ellistown Community lost another good friend last week, Frances Herod. Frances was the nurse who […]
The number of people with asthmatic symptoms continues to rise in this country and one in 10 students in Mississippi schools is likely to have asthma. That’s the sobering report from Jennifer Cofer, executive director of the American Lung Association of Mississippi. Fortunately, both our city and county school districts take a vigilant attitude toward […]
North Pontotoc nine weeks tests begin October 6 and report cards will be issued Thursday, October 15. High school and middle school Beauty Revue is scheduled for Saturday, October 17. Friendship Baptist’s Children’s Ministry enjoyed a trip to the Memphis Zoo on Saturday, October 3. The Friendship Baptist ladies traveled to the Canton Flea Market […]
There are no words to express how elated I was when my granddaughter, Robbie Frazier, called Monday evening to tell about great-granddaughter Amy McCullough hitting two home runs in the last game of the season of slow pitch softball. Not only that, but she sent three runs in in the last ending. Way to go […]
Roy Hill, 83 Roy H. Hill, 83, died Friday Oct. 2, 2009 at the North Ms Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born in Union County on Feb. 23, 1926, to the late Virgil Eugene Hill and Maude Foremen Hill He was a retired factory worker from Mohasco and a farmer. He loved fishing and […]
Dear Amy: I’ve just returned from a visit with my two kids to their dentist. My children are ages 5 and 2. I have noticed that in situations regarding my children, adults don’t have any problem referring to me as “Mom.” The dental assistant and dentist (both women) called me Mom throughout the checkups. I […]
The Town of Sherman had a four-man team in the Community Development Foundation’s 5th annual industrial sporting clay shoot Thursday, October 1, at White Tail Ridge. Those shooting were Clint Long, Chuck Thomason, John Neal Russell, and Luke Flaherty. The men shot 100 targets each of skeet, sporting clays, and trap. More than 100 men […]
New Albany still has a bitter taste in their mouth, as they are looking for revenge hosting Pontotoc this Friday in their divisional opener. The ‘Dawgs lost a hard fought battle on the road in 2008, losing 21-20 in two overtimes, only inches away from the win and possible playoff spot. With Homecoming festivities also […]
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...