Dear Amy: I have an adult son who grew up with problems: ADHD, learning problems, poor social skills and rejection by peers. When he hit adulthood (he is now in his early 40s), he developed addictions to alcohol and hard drugs. It seems clear that his earlier problems are factors in his current problems. There […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
One New Albany police officer was injured in the line of duty Wednesday during a county-wide drug roundup. New Albany policeman Jason McDaniel was shot with a taser while attempting to apprehend a subject, New Albany police Chief David Grisham said. “He had trouble with a boy, the boy kicked him and the taser went […]
When I was in sixth grade, I won the long addition contest in my class. In case you don’t know what that is, I’ll explain. Two students would go to the chalkboard (hopefully, some of you remember what those were) and write a long column—usually 15 or so—two-digit numbers read off by the teacher. Then […]
Well, it seems that the month of September is peeping around the corner or it has arrived by the time this report is read. There are some sadness and some gladness that has gone on out too but hopefully there will be much gladness for many as it moves on. We will just have to […]
It was an idyllic Friday night in New Albany. The skies were clear, the stars bright and the temperature comfortable. The parking lot was full, the concession stand was humming with activity, the stands were packed and several hundred fans were standing along the fence. The scene was perfect. When The Pride of New Albany […]
Sunday’s weather was beautiful and cool, golden rod are beginning to bloom, yellow butterflies have begun their journey South so Fall is fast approaching. Our church service was a little different today. Our organist, Terri Pounders, and pianist, Phyllis Wait were both absent today but Brother Gerald didn’t seem bothered by it. The hymns he […]
The cooler weather that moved in after the hot humid days is quite a change for a little while. Seems the humidity is less and for better comfort without the air conditioner going in full force. The homes and churches too are equipped for the cooling comfort now. I can remember very well when we […]
Wow, are we having some nice weather or what? This morning when we got on the bus to leave to pick up the children, it was 58 degrees. It was so nice, today, too. We spent the better part of Sunday in Oxford, MS. Matt and Sonya are the proud parents of a new […]
Shalonda Reynolds had two homeruns, including a grand slam, but it would not be enough, as Blue Mountain defeated the Lady Rebels, 12-9 Tuesday. Reynolds first in-park homer came in the first inning, plating Kayla Kolivas and giving Hickory Flat the 2-1 advantage. Blue Mountain tied the game in the third and take the lead […]
Almost every chair had been taken in the spacious waiting room when I arrived for my 10:00 appointment. I checked my watch. Yes, I was early, and so were about twenty other patients ahead of me. This was just a check-up, and since I didn’t have a virus or a fever, I was content to […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series