After accepting six bids for the role of independent contractor of animal control in the city of New Albany, the board of Alderman voted to table the issue to review each bid. The six bids for the four-year contract accepted during Tuesday night’s meeting were as follows: Jed Mitchell bid $98,000, Matt Gregory bid $35,000 […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Several thousand from the community, as well as those from out-of-town, flocked to the New Albany Sportsplex on Friday to join in the Relay for Life festivities. The event raised approximately $120,000 and offered food, games, and the chance for the audience to listen to various entertainers, including the Fredonia children’s choir, directed by Brandi […]
Union County citizens in need of food and shelter may benefit from funds available through the recent economic stimulus package. U.S. Congressman Travis Childers (D) announced last Thursday that $254,322 has been awarded to Mississippi’s First Congressional District by the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP). According to Childer’s announcement, federal funds totaling $100 million […]
T. Wayne Mitchell has been named interim publisher of the New Albany Gazette by Landmark Community Newspapers. Mitchell, 63, of Florence, Ala., is a seasoned newspaper leader with a wealth of editorial and management experience, said Johnny Teglas, of Kingston, Tenn., regional manager of Landmark. “It’s a pleasure to come to New Albany and work […]
Motorcyclists will be able to help “Lend a Hand for the Babies” at the 1st Annual New Albany/Union County March of Dimes motorcycle card run. Motorcycle riders and passengers are invited to participate in a 103-mile motorcycle card run to benefit the March for Babies campaign, which is under the umbrella of March of Dimes. […]
Following a recent decision by Circuit Court Judge Henry Lackey to declare 1305 Munsford Dr. as agricultural land, the property’s owner, Booker Farr, with support from Memphis-based asphalt company, Lehman-Roberts, has made an official request with the city that the property be rezoned as industrial. The city of New Albany’s Planning and Zoning Commission is […]
Contrary to a story printed in Wednesday’s edition of the New Albany Gazette, citizens wishing to participate in the city of New Albany’s May 5 primary election must register or update their voter voter information with the New Albany City Clerk by Saturday, April 4, not May 2. According to New Albany City Clerk Anne […]
One Dumas family was left with nothing after a fire destroyed their mobile home early Thursday morning. Northeast Volunteer Fire Department Chief Butch Cobb said they received the call on the fire at 1353 CR 158 in Dumas at 3:07 a.m. “We were on the scene at 3:17 a.m. and the fire was fully involved […]
Hampton construction moving quickly
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series