New Albany is host to several public events during the year, most of them entertainment-oriented. One of the most successful, however, is different. For the past eight years the Union County Master Gardeners, with the Union County Extension Service, have held a spring home and garden show. While there are entertainment events during the show, […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
J W Allen, 87, of Ingomar, died Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by United Funeral Service in New Albany.
John Edward Hargrove, 68, of Myrtle, died November 2, 2013 at his home. He was born February 3, 1945 in New Albany to the late William Nazrie and Rosa Lee Hargrove. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard and retired from Cooper Electrical Controls. He was […]
Patrick Alan Thompson, 60, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013, at his residence. He was born Nov. 27, 1952, in Princeton, Ill., to David V. Thompson and Jeananne Petchow Thompson. He was a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, having served in the Vietnam War. He was a long-haul truck driver. A memorial service will be […]
Debbie Willard Kirk, 59, of Etta, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto in Southaven. She was born July 1, 1954, in New Albany to Elvin Willard and Betty Mouchett. She was a homemaker and a member of Bethel Baptist Church. She loved her pet dogs and animals. Services were at 2 p.m. […]
Charles B. Hill, 74, of Tupelo, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. after a short illness. Born April 30, 1939, in Ecru to James Rufus and Jettie Hill, he spent most of his life in Tupelo. A veteran of the U.S. Army and Army Reserve, he served as […]
Joe Bryan Harmon, 71, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at his residence. He was born Oct. 16, 1942, in New Albany to Rodney Bryan Harmon Jr. and Edna Willard Melton Harmon. He served in the Mississippi National Guard for 20 years. He spent the majority of his working career at Hill’s International in New Albany […]
Brenda Nell Sisco, 57, of Hickory Flat, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Nov. 1, 1956, in Lafayette County to Jessie Houston and Dora Rachel Lucille Hayes Sisco. She was a Baptist. Services will be at 10 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at United Funeral Service in New […]
Matthew “Matt” Robinson, 25, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany. He was born June 16, 1988, in Tupelo to Anita Robinson. He worked in the frame department at Albany Industries. Services will be were at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Serenity-Simmons Chapel in New Albany with Evangelist Travis […]
Linda Poe Covington, 65, of Blue Springs died peacefully on Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a long illness. Linda was born on Nov. 21, 1947, in New Albany to William F. “Dub” and Irene Gilliam Poe. She was a graduate of Potts Camp High School, and a long time member […]
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...