Robert Gates “Bob” Newsum Jr., 99, of Cairo, died Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2013, in Shreveport, La. He was the oldest member of Cairo Baptist Church and a retired school bus driver with Itawamba Community College. He was a World War II Air Force veteran and was recognized last year at the Veterans Day program as […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Willie Holloway Tidwell Jr., 71, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, at his residence. He was born Sept. 20, 1942, in Lafayette County to Willie Sr. and Hazel Churchill Tidwell. He was retired from Piper and also had worked in the auto racing and body shop business. A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Friday, […]
Michael D. “Mike” Speck, 52, of Shannon, died suddenly Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 22, 1961, in Aurora, Ill., to G.W. Speck Jr. and Itasca Smith Speck Hester. He was a graduate of Myrtle High School and studied music at Mississippi State University. He married Sherri Copeland Grant on […]
Colby Hall Pannell, 25, died Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, in New Albany. He was born Feb. 25, 1988, in Tupelo, the son of Eddie and Lecia Hall Pannell. He was a former bridge maintenance man with MDOT and a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at Pleasant […]
Bob Jones, 76, of Sherman, passed away Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at his residence. He was born in Union County on Aug. 22, 1937, to George and Selma Floyd Jones. After graduation, he joined the military and proudly served his country as a Marine. He had lived in Sherman for the last 22 years. He […]
Ralph Eldridge Kolb, 88, of Blue Springs, died Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at the Church Street Personal Care Center in Ecru. He was born Oct. 20, 1925, in Union County to Earnest and Cora Caldwell Kolb. He was a retired building contractor and a member of the New Harmony Baptist Church. Services were held at […]
With his family by his side, the Rev. Horace Clay Thomas of New Albany, 84, went home to be with his Heavenly Father on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany. A man of integrity, Horace was a faithful pastor of the Gospel for 61 years. He leaves behind a godly […]
Travis Bedford, 83, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at Golden Living Center in Tupelo. He was born Nov. 14, 1929, in Union County to Sam Oliver and Clytee McCarty Bedford. He was a highway construction worker. Services were at 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 28, at Serenity Simmons chapel in New Albany. Burial was in Wilkins […]
Betty Tallent Wilhite, 78, of Pontotoc, went to be with the Lord on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, after a brief illness. She was born Feb. 26,1935, to Earl Lee and Fairy Denton. She was a homemaker and seamstress. She loved quilting and her family. Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at Cairo Baptist […]
Otis “Skeebo” Ezell, 102, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at the Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was a member of Mallalieu United Methodist Church, where he served as a trustee. He served his country in the United States Army. Services were at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Mallalieu United Methodist Church with the […]
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...