Shelby Glenn Elder Portis, 74, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Feb. 15, 1939, in New Albany to J.R. and Mary Richey Elder. She was a member of Keownville Baptist Church. She was retired. Services were at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at United Funeral Service […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Norris Strickland, 80, of Golden, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at his home. He was born March 14, 1933, in Franklin County, Ala., to Clinton Aubrey Strickland and Flora Elizabeth Garrison. He was a communicant of All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Tupelo. He enlisted in the Air Force in 1952 in Memphis, Tenn. He was […]
Debra “D.J.” Strickland, 54, of Ripley, died Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 24, 1959, in Tennessee to Lester and Calburdia Strickland. She was a member of Gates of Praise Church. She was a prayer warrior. She loved to cook and work with children. Services were […]
Alice F. McNabb, 75, of Etta, formerly of Somerville, Tenn., passed away Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She attended Philadelphia Baptist Church at Etta. She had many friends and never met a stranger. Services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, at Peebles West Funeral Chapel at Oakland, Tenn. Interment […]
Baylon Paisley Hall, 14 days, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at LeBonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis. Services were at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, at Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ with the Rev. Jon Vasquez officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. United Funeral Service of New Albany was in charge of the […]
Robert Dean Waldron, 70, of Hurricane, passed away on Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at his home. He was an employee of the 2nd District in Pontotoc County. Services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, at Hurricane Baptist Church. Burial was in Sand Springs Cemetery. Serenity Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements. Survivors […]
Charles Maron “Hot Shot” Curry, 67, of Pontotoc, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, in Fulton. He was born June 5, 1946, in Tupelo to George M. Curry and Beatrice Duke Curry. He grew up in the Palmetto community and was a lifelong resident of Lee and Pontotoc Counties. He graduated from Shannon High School in […]
Kenneth T. “Dude” Finley, 86, of Danville, Ky., formerly of Memphis, died Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013. He was born Sept. 14, 1927, in Danville to Walter E. and Thelma Wylie Finley. He was a graduate of the University of Kentucky and Southern Law School in Memphis. He was a U.S. Army veteran and attorney at […]
Lester French Jobe Jr., 52, died Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, at his residence. He was born Nov. 28, 1960, in Memphis, Tenn., to Lester French Jobe Sr. and Frances Parks Jobe. He was a painter before becoming disabled and a member of Liberty Baptist Church. He enjoyed riding four-wheelers and singing karaoke with his friends. […]
Jerry Lynn Russell, 64, of Pontotoc, passed away Friday, Oct. 11, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center after a five-year battle with cancer. He was born May 29, 1949, to Herman Lynson Russell and Nellie Ruth Hale Russell in Union County. He graduated from Hurricane High School and served eight years in the Mississippi […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...