Hollis Simpson Hollis Doyle Simpson, 66, died Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012 at the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Dec. 31, 1945 in New Albany to the late W.T. Simpson and Jewel Crum Simpson. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served in Germany. He was a senior certified civil […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Edna Abernethy Edna Todd Abernethy, 87, of Madison, passed away Aug. 25, 2012 at Hospice Ministries in Ridgeland. She was born Oct. 13, 1924 in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas in the town of Donna. At the age of 14, she moved to the New Albany area and graduated from Macedonia High School. Since […]
Frank Swords Lester Franklin “Frank” Swords, a retired financial executive and local philanthropist, died Sunday, Aug. 26, 2012, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis due to complications from brain surgery. He was 69. Swords was born in Ecru and moved to Memphis to attend Memphis State University, where he earned his Master’s degree in accounting. […]
Blanche Aldrich Blanche Aldrich died on Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at 104 years of age in Memphis, Tenn. She was born in Union County, the daughter of John Gillam and Belle Lamar Ferguson. Aldrich had a long career in teaching in schools in the Mid-south, ending her career in the military overseas school program in […]
David Thompson Jimmy David Thompson, age 67, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Oct. 19, 1944 in Benton County to the late Jim G. Thompson and Celia G. Brock Thompson. He was a clerk for Piggly Wiggly, and an auto mechanic. He loved […]
Roy Johnson Roy Eugene Johnson, 74, of New Albany and formerly of Memphis, Tenn., died Aug. 18, 2012 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, with his family at his side. Johnson was born March 15, 1938 in Water Valley to Roy Mel and Elsie Johnson, both deceased. His love for and service to our country began […]
Clara Harpole Clara Dee Poe “Momma Dee” Harpole, 83, of Blue Springs, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 12, 1928 in Union County to the late Charlie and Rebecca Wilmoth Poe. She was a seamstress, homemaker and caregiver to those in need. She was a lifelong […]
Grover Wilhite Grover C. Wilhite, Jr., 80, died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012 at the North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Oct. 21, 1931 in Union County to the late Grover Cleveland Wilhite, Sr. and Flora A. Butler Wilhite. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served in the Korean War. He was […]
Margaret Ledbetter Margaret Rutherford Ledbetter, 88, of New Albany, died Friday, Aug. 17, 2012 at her home. She was born February 19, 1924 in Tippah County to William Scott and Angie Perkins Rutherford. She was a homemaker and enjoyed restoring furniture and antiques. She loved her animals, especially horses. She was a member of Ebenezer […]
William Craig William Keith Craig, 24, of Lake Village, Ark., died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012. He was born Feb. 24, 1988, in Greenville and was a pipeliner and mechanic and a member of Sherman Baptist Church in Sherman. He is survived by his father, Brian Craig and his wife, Bridgett, of Lake Village, Ark.; his […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...