December! It arrives with great expectations, planned activities, and an overload of calories AND emotions. Preparations for parties and hosting take a little longer for me each year, and then it’s over so quickly. A family favorite dessert linked to Christmas might take a dozen steps and several hours in the kitchen. Yet, when it […]
Archive | Opinion RSS feed for this section
Now that work is under way on the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store off Coulter Cove, city officials are beginning to attack the potential problem of added traffic on Coulter Drive once the restaurant is open. That traffic flow will also be increased some with the opening of Dr. Kevin Rowan’s large dental office at […]
Something has been weighing heavy on me lately, and that is FIRE SAFETY, PREVENTION, PROACTIVE PLANNING, and RESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP of HOME OWNERS, and RENTAL PROPERTY. With all this being said, here is what I would like to reach out and say to each and every person in the City of New Albany, and resident of […]
With this year’s Thanksgiving behind us, we are full out on our way to Christmas. All the Black Friday deals are done, Small Business Saturday offered up some great value and Cyber Monday let the online shoppers click away. I have nothing against ordering things online, but that is not my preferred choice of shopping. […]
Dear Editor: Now that the Democrats and the Progressives and the liberals and the “politically correct” and much of the Republican establishment have their just denouement in the 2016 election, it is time to rein in our terrible state government, under Gov. Phil Bryant. What a bunch of “misfits” and “bullies”! The Lt. Governor and […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year, until we get to Christmas and then that will be my favorite. Thanksgiving is the holiday I get to spend more relaxing time with family. Like most families we have several traditions that are a must each year. Like a lot of […]
The theme is Thanksgiving from pilgrim performers in elementary schools to Facebook posts to homeless shelter drives. It’s a holiday to help us focus on our blessings, thanks to George Washington’s proclamation in 1789, “as a day of public thanksgiving and prayers to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors […]
Dear Editor, I read with interest the report on the Board of Alderman meeting published in the November 9th paper. The residents of Eastview Street ask for and received approval for speed tables in their neighborhood. I noted that some of the alderman were concerned about a “snowballing effect.” That seems to suggest that speeding […]
Fake news. More and more people are being gulled by it, lately including broadcast networks. Some TV folks have had to apologize for passing on fabricated stories, some have failed to apologize, and in most cases, regardless, people still may believe the lies until they are proven wrong, usually at some cost to their credibility […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager The New Albany Gazette held an open house on Thursday afternoon to let readers, members of the community and friends come by and see our new location downtown. We had a large number of people to come by, visit and tour our building. If you did not get to make […]
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...