By Lisa Bryant General Manager Do you remember when a phone was something you talked on?? I know this is going to date me and really show my age, but my, we have come a long way. I can remember when having a phone in our home was just one phone that the entire family […]
Archive | Columns RSS feed for this section
By Lisa Bryant General Manager Below is a article that was written by Ed Henninger, owner of Henninger Consulting from Rock Hill, SC. I have shared his column with my staff’s at the beginning of each year for several years to remind them of the value they bring to our community and why we continue […]
By Camille Anding Every member of the family went to bed on Christmas Eve with anticipation of the morning and what might be under the tree. No one had to be forced. The room suddenly turned bright with a radiant glow, and beautifully wrapped presents were under a snow-white tree that glittered in lights. I […]
By Lisa Bryant General manager Now that Christmas is behind us and 2016 is drawing to an end, most of us begin to reflect on the year and what we accomplished and what events happened in our lives. In the past I have been very critical of myself on my accomplishments of the past year. […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager In the paper today, you will find numerous letters to Santa from our area children. I hope you take the time to read some of these, even if you do not know any of these children. Reading these letters will put you in the Christmas Spirit and it will warm […]
By Camille Anding Twas the night before Christmas and all through the town, people were sleeping all peaceful and sound. A stranger was walking in the cold winter’s night, passing by homes all covered in lights. Trees softly glowed through windows and doors; and bright colored packages spilled over the floors. Children were dreaming of […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager Over the weekend I had a moment that hit me as something special. It may seem trivial to most, but it was one of those moments that made my heart swell. My son and grandson came over to the house to check the game camera that had been set up […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager This is my first year to be involved with Sharing at Christmas and this embodies the Christmas Spirit in Union County. From what I understand this is a tradition that began over 40 years ago. The people of Union County open their hearts and their wallets to make sure families […]
By Camille Anding Be Advised! To Whom It May Concern: 1) Stomach Bug, you are NOT welcome in our home on Christmas Eve. Evidence substantiates that you do not need an invitation or permission to violate a home. Last Christmas Eve, I was accepting death with sweet relief as I ebbed away in the emergency […]
December! It arrives with great expectations, planned activities, and an overload of calories AND emotions. Preparations for parties and hosting take a little longer for me each year, and then it’s over so quickly. A family favorite dessert linked to Christmas might take a dozen steps and several hours in the kitchen. Yet, when it […]
- Hurricane news January 10, 2017
- Election commissioners take oath of office January 12, 2017
- Letter: Progress only happens when we all work together January 12, 2017
- Cong. Kelly named to Armed Services, Agriculture committees January 12, 2017
- Eastern Lights January 12, 2017
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- City school superintendent Jackie Ford to retire January 12, 2017
- 2017 Ingomar Homecoming Court January 12, 2017
- City school board seats newest member January 12, 2017
- Museum program sure to be ‘quotable’ January 12, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...