December! It arrives with great expectations, planned activities, and an overload of calories AND emotions. Preparations for parties and hosting take a little longer for me each year, and then it’s over so quickly. A family favorite dessert linked to Christmas might take a dozen steps and several hours in the kitchen. Yet, when it […]
Archive | Columns RSS feed for this section
With this year’s Thanksgiving behind us, we are full out on our way to Christmas. All the Black Friday deals are done, Small Business Saturday offered up some great value and Cyber Monday let the online shoppers click away. I have nothing against ordering things online, but that is not my preferred choice of shopping. […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year, until we get to Christmas and then that will be my favorite. Thanksgiving is the holiday I get to spend more relaxing time with family. Like most families we have several traditions that are a must each year. Like a lot of […]
The theme is Thanksgiving from pilgrim performers in elementary schools to Facebook posts to homeless shelter drives. It’s a holiday to help us focus on our blessings, thanks to George Washington’s proclamation in 1789, “as a day of public thanksgiving and prayers to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager The New Albany Gazette held an open house on Thursday afternoon to let readers, members of the community and friends come by and see our new location downtown. We had a large number of people to come by, visit and tour our building. If you did not get to make […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager On Friday we will celebrate Veterans Day and honor those who have served in the many branches of the armed forces. As I voted on Tuesday I thought of the thousands of men and women who have fought to protect my right to vote and who fight to keep us […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager The Gazette has gone through quite a bit of changes this year. We sold the building on Carter Avenue in the spring of this year, but did not have a permanent location to move into. We rented a temporary location on Hwy. 30 West across from the hospital. That was […]
By Camille Anding It’s time – time for all the turkeys to look for camo or hide out in the woods. Month eleven is here! It’s time to add an extra mile to our walking routine or a few more minutes of cardio workouts in preparation for the “body stuffings” only days away. The cream […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I had the opportunity to attend a luncheon on Friday that was heart-breaking and inspirational at the same time. I, like everyone at that luncheon, received a blessing from the two women who shared their experience with breast cancer. Each woman experienced different […]
by Camille Anding The marquee is about a mile from our house – near the street and in front of its neighborhood church. The pastor keeps a scripture verse on it that I appreciate for its truth and wise reminders for all the traffic that read it. The pastor’s present post is from Isaiah 43: […]
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...