By Lisa Bryant General Manager My family and I went to the Union County Fair this past week and a good time was had by all. I would like to commend all the people who worked so hard before and after the fair to give our families a family-friendly event. I have three nieces who […]
Archive | Columns RSS feed for this section
By Lisa Bryant General Manager We added a new member to our home, a 10-month-old Boxer, in February of this year and she is a wonderful dog to have around. We have one problem with her: she loves everyone and thinks everyone should love her. Thankfully she is a good watchdog. She will alert us […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager As we were enjoying all the festivities of the 4th of July Holiday, the Highway Patrol, Sheriff’s Department and City Police Department were all out working more shifts than normal. Each year we expect to see these men and women working extra hours out patrolling the highways and streets to […]
By Lisa Bryant, General Manager Everyone knows that the 4th of July is known as Independence Day. That was the day that representatives of the 13 colonies declared their independence from Great Britain. But did you know that John Adams believed that July 2 was the correct date on which to celebrate the birth of […]
By Lisa Bryant I am a fan of Pinterest and have gone to it more than once to find ideas and themes for parties, etc. but not everything on Pinterest is for the everyday person without some carpentry or chemist skills. I tried to make a sun catcher with multi colors to hang from your porch […]
Last week I ran across a folded piece of paper in the back of a drawer and saw that it was a “Playhouse” article that I probably meant to type and achieve. It described a grandchildren event during a summer vacation. Since the Birmingham grands are with us this week, I was considering re-using the […]
Five women, a four-year-old and an 11-month-old is the perfect recipe for a great weekend trip to the beach. The trip began Friday morning, packing two vehicles with enough luggage to support five women for three days was surprisingly light, although the smallest person on the trip took up most of the space. Anyone traveling […]
By Lisa Bryant, General Manager Memorial Day seems to be the unofficial beginning of summer. Graduation was last week and school will start back the first week of August. That only gives families about eight weeks to work in their vacations. Many have booked their vacations or are making plans to head out to their […]
By Camille Anding The restaurant was one of those tight-seating kind. I was positioned across from Othel, but the stranger seated to my left was close enough to share my dessert. She smiled as she slid into the booth beside me and that’s when her fragrance drifted to our table. It was amazingly delightful and […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager Memorial Day is not just a holiday where we get a day off work to have a cookout with our friends and family. It is a day to gather our friends and family together to honor those who made it possible for us to have a cookout in a safe […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...