Something has been weighing heavy on me lately, and that is FIRE SAFETY, PREVENTION, PROACTIVE PLANNING, and RESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP of HOME OWNERS, and RENTAL PROPERTY. With all this being said, here is what I would like to reach out and say to each and every person in the City of New Albany, and resident of […]
Archive | Letters RSS feed for this section
Dear Editor: Now that the Democrats and the Progressives and the liberals and the “politically correct” and much of the Republican establishment have their just denouement in the 2016 election, it is time to rein in our terrible state government, under Gov. Phil Bryant. What a bunch of “misfits” and “bullies”! The Lt. Governor and […]
Dear Editor, I read with interest the report on the Board of Alderman meeting published in the November 9th paper. The residents of Eastview Street ask for and received approval for speed tables in their neighborhood. I noted that some of the alderman were concerned about a “snowballing effect.” That seems to suggest that speeding […]
The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s® is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. The Northeast Mississippi Walk will be held Saturday, November 12, at Veterans Park in Tupelo. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.; opening ceremonies will start at 9:30 and the Walk […]
To the editor: I want to thank so many people for all their help and participation in Monday night’s trunk or treat in Myrtle. I want to thank the Town of Myrtle, the participating churches: Beulah Baptist, Amaziah Baptist, New Hope Baptist, Greater New Hope Baptist, Faith Assembly of God. Specifically, I would like to […]
Letter to the editor: Monday, Sept. 19, a terrible accident resulting in a loss of life happened in the early morning of this day. My prayers to the family and all those who are grieving – life for this family will never be the dame nor the truck driver involved. The “Daily Journal” and the […]
Dear Editor, With access to 24-hour news, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with troubling events. But I’d like to share a personal story that reminded me there is good all around us. We simply need to open our eyes. On Saturday, Oct. 1, when leaving a Tupelo restaurant, I discovered my car battery was dead. […]
Is it really fair to declare the Mississippi Adequate Education Program (MAEP) a failure when it has truly only been funded a single time in 20 years? The next year, student achievement jumped. One single, successful test and MAEP is now labeled a failure by the leadership, which now declares it s time to revise […]
Letter to the editor: Look out your window, each morning, before departing. Look under and in your car. Buy a handgun; learn how to use it. Like the Boy Scouts: Be Prepared. For our state and country are going “to hell in a handbasket” and no one is looking out for the folks. The “politically […]
My congratulations on publishing the finest magazine I’ve picked up in years! I am Beth Barrett Rogers. My Mom, Erline Barrett, was the “Mayor of Main Street” from 1961 when she bought and renamed Barrett’s Grocery until her death in 2001. My late father-in-law Mike Rogers was head of the Development Association and recruited Futorian […]
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday