August 21, 2016 A Letter to the Public, The folks of New Albany and Union County are exceptionally generous. On Sunday evening, an 18-wheeler crammed-jammed full of supplies to aid those flood-stricken homeless citizens of Southeast Louisiana left Roberts Trucking after literally hundreds of local individuals gave and gave and gave for the […]
Archive | Letters RSS feed for this section
As a citizen of Mississippi, I understand that state government officials are tasked with maintaining a balanced budget and keeping spending in check during difficult economic times. As Executive Director of the Mississippi Library Commission, I am truly concerned for communities across our state due to the outcome of the recent legislative session. Along with […]
Dear editor: I have been sending letters for over five years about the highways, roads and streets in Union County and New Albany. I know you have been concerned even longer. Very little has been accomplished and even the new county supervisors are in the same mode, ignoring the needs. Some desultory patching or roads […]
Dear Editor: Take a ride on Bankhead St., or on Barkley Dr. Go on CR 115 in the county, or any other direction, north, south, east or west, and what do you find? Decrepit roads and even more, “decrepit” officials, city and county, that get on one issue, such as Tangle Foot Trail or the […]
Editor, New Albany Gazette Dear Citizens of New Albany: What place in New Albany averages 5000 visitors per month? Where in New Albany can a person do genealogy research? Where can a person with no computer or internet service fill out job applications online or do job searches online? Where can a New Albany school […]
Dear Editor: In regard to the Gazette’s recent editorial opinion voicing opposition to private and home school, I am disappointed with the paper’s failure to objectively examine both sides of this issue. Yes, public school is the right choice for most parents and students. But, private school and home school exactly meet the needs of […]
Dear Editor: This letter is in regard to a meeting I had with the Union County Supervisors in August. It concerned my garbage bin being full and needing emptied. I also talked to them about a stopped up culvert of mine, and a ditch that was overgrown. Mr. Danny Jordan told me they would come […]
I would like to respond to the recent editorial article regarding the Wellspring Center for Professional Futures. In particular, I would like to address the following quote; “We translate ‘advanced manufacturing’ to mean training folks to work at Toyota.” That is simply not the case. As the senior consultant to the Wellspring Center, my […]
Dear Editor: In Union County, who is my neighbor? When I was in need, I can say everyone I had any contact with was truly the good neighbor! We were in Union County in mid-December to do some work at our place in the Pinedale community. All went well until the day we planned to […]
Dear Editor: In the wake of the recent murder of 20 school children, the issue of gun control is again a primary topic of public debate. The foremost responsibility of any government is the protection of its citizens. However, fulfilling this responsibility does not in any way justify the disarming of law-abiding citizens so as […]
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...