In a game that was close for all but the fourth quarter, Myrtle battled for a big division win against Potts Camp, 75-58 Tuesday night. The Hawks built an early 9-6 lead, but the story for the Cardinals was the play of Ladarrius Beard, who single handily kept Potts Camp in the contest, scoring nine […]
Sometimes one goal is all it takes, and for Center Hill Monday night, a corner kick in the second half lifted the Mustangs to the 4A North Half Championship after a 1-0 win at New Albany. The Bulldogs defense held tough throughout the first half, as the Mustangs could not capitalize off of several corner […]
Curtis Gregory, 89 William Curtis Gregory, 89, of New Albany, died Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at his residence. He was born March 25, 1920 in Union County, MS to the late Dennis C. and Selester Hale Gregory. He was a veteran of World War II of the U.S. Army 83rd Mortar Battalion and earned the […]
My Grandfather never owned a Bible. In fact, he could not read. He never attended a church, didn’t sing any hymns, and never prayed–out loud anyway. He also seemed to have a certain contempt for preachers. Although he never said directly, I got the idea Grandpa had encountered some of the less savory from […]
We’re not playing in the Super Bowl this year. We lost, and lost and lost. My wife laughs when I refer to sports teams I follow as “we.” When I say we just ran a punt back for a touchdown, Jenny points out: “We’re not playing. We couldn’t run that far; we’d be too tired.” […]
The Mississippi Department of Transportation’s decision to move ahead with reconstruction of state Highway 15 in New Albany is welcome news. The state intends to contract in March for making Highway 15 a modern five-lane highway from U.S. 78 (Interstate 22) north to North Haven and a four-lane divided highway north to the county line. […]
New Albany and Union County law enforcement and emergency management departments will soon see an upgrade in communications equipment, the Union County Supervisors decided Monday. These city and county agencies will soon receive new radios and dispatch equipment, due to a joint city and county grant project called the Public Safety Interoperability Communication Grant project. […]
New Albany School District recently selected the four Teachers of the Year and the District Teacher of the Year at their four schools. Lee Ann Thompson won District Teacher of the Year and Teacher of the Year for New Albany High School, Billy Matkins won Teacher of the Year for the School of Career and […]
A month after the Union County School Board voted to move forward with plans to hire a full-time football coach, the board decided Monday to cancel those plans for the near future. Union County School District Superintendent Ken Basil brought a recommendation to the board Monday that the district not seek to hire a full […]
Student, administrator, worker, counselor and friend. Many words come to mind when describing Tate McCollum, who is one of the most recognizable faces in the Ingomar community. From the hallways at school to any and every sporting event, McCollum is there shaking hands and hugging everyone he sees. McCollum has been a facet at Ingomar […]
Doris Gresham, 77 Doris Stark Gresham, 77, of New Albany, died Saturday, Jan. 23, 2010 at her residence. She was born July 22, 1932 in Brooklyn, N.Y. to the late Henry and Gladys Stark. She graduated from Grover Cleveland High School in Brooklyn, and attended nursing school in Jersey City, NJ. She received her B.A., […]
The New Albany Board of Aldermen has adopted the standardized 2006 Building Codes documents, a move that will have minimal cost for contractors, but will improve safety. A number of changes are going into effect Feb. 1 with the new code, although for all practical purposes any plans submitted now will need to meet the […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series