NEW ALBANY – The final day of New Albany’s Christmas Classic tournament saw a win for the hosting Bulldogs and a sweep for the Walnut Wildcats over West Union. (B) Walnut 53, West Union 50 A last second three-pointer lifted the Wildcats over West Union in the opening game of Thursday’s tournament slate. Both Austin […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BOONEVILLE – Defending state champions Ingomar and Booneville met for a non-division game on Friday, with the Blue Devils handing the Lady Falcons their second loss of the season in a 49-31 final. Booneville’s Adallice Young finished as the top scorer for both teams with 19 points, 18 of those from beyond the arc. Young’s […]
New Albany freshman Kalob Adair is one of a select few. The wide receiver has been tapped to participate in the Football University Freshman All-American bowl game on Jan. 7 in San Antonio, Texas as part of the week leading up to the Army All-American Bowl Game where some of the country’s biggest high school […]
Two months after completing his first season as the New Albany Bulldogs punter, Payton Snyder has been awarded one of the biggest honors given to a high school football player. Snyder was named to the Class 4A All-State team, selected for punting duties on the defensive side of the ball. “This is an amazing honor […]
Emily Coggin of East Union was named Co-Player of the Year in Division 1-2A slowpitch softball for the 2016 season. Coggin shared the honor with McKinley Montgomery of Mantachie. Coggin, an eighth grader, played primarily at first base for Coach Josh Blythe’s Lady Urchins and batted from the number three spot. Coggin’s final numbers on […]
Lady Urchins and Eagles win in tournament action ENTERPRISE – It was a matchup of east vs west at the West Union Round Robin Tournament on Friday night as East Union squared off with county rival West Union in the final two games of the night. The teams divided wins as East Union won the […]
New Albany opened their season on the road on Saturday at Saltillo and earned a split in matches as the Bulldogs took a 6-2 win while the Lady Bulldogs lost 3-1. The Bulldogs took a 4-1 advantage at the half to propel them to the win. Payton Snyder recorded two goals to lead New Albany […]
NORTH CARROLLTON – Lajarvis Jenkins was more than the East Union Urchins could handle as the feature back from JZ George ran over and around the Urchins all night in the 47-7 season-ending loss for East Union. “We know who Lajarvis Jenkins is, that’s for sure, he’s very fast,” East Union head coach Kevin Walton […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar girls opened up the 2016-17 season with a 68-43 win over Hickory Flat while the boys won 61-51 in the nightcap. In the girls game, the Lady Falcons started slowly and took a 13-7 lead after a quarter and continued to pull away for the convincing win. Mallory Russell scored only two […]
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...