OKOLONA – East Union started out hot on Tuesday, sinking five three-pointers in the opening minutes of their Class 2A playoff game, but the Urchins came up short losing 70-55 to the Okolona Chieftains. East Union’s 17-16 lead at the end of the first quarter was led by the efforts of Hunter Nobles, who earned […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Hickory Flat’s playoff run ended on Tuesday as the Rebels lost 80-64 to John F. Kennedy High School in the Hornets’ second half comeback. Rebels leading scorers Randtail Isom and Hunter Mason both posted double-doubles in their final game. Isom scored 29 points and earned 10 rebounds, while Mason added 23 points and 10 rebounds. […]
New Albany gained a narrow 53-52 victory on Tuesday, defeating Greenwood in the opening round of the Class 4A state playoffs. “I feel that our offensive execution and our kids’ willingness to match their (Greenwood) physicality on both ends of the court were definitely the keys to the win,” New Albany coach Brad Gray said. […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ASHLAND – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons rallied in the second half to win the Division 2-1A tournament championship on Saturday, defeating Ashland 45-35. Ingomar trailed 27-20 with 4:05 left in the third quarter, but the Lady Falcons went on a 25-8 run to close the game and take the win. “We did have […]
(B) Ingomar 71, Coldwater 65 Ingomar rallied from a 63-56 deficit, going on a 15-2 run to close the contest and win in the first round of State 1A playoffs on Tuesday. The game featured 10 lead changes plus numerous ties, with the largest lead only being seven points. Ingomar held an early lead by […]
The blast of winter weather forced the postponement of the Girls North playoffs scheduled on Monday for four Union County area teams. All of the contests are rescheduled for Wednesday, weather permitting. Here is a listing of the games and the rescheduled dates and times: Wednesday, February 25 6:00 – Mound Bayou JFK at Ingomar […]
OXFORD – New Albany appeared to still be on the bus in the opening quarter of their 2-4A division tournament game against Lafayette. The Bulldogs found themselves on the wrong end of the 18-12 score, but they kept grinding and working to down the Commodores 57-50 on Wednesday. “You can’t make excuses, they (Lafayette) just […]
ASHLAND – After being pushed back by one day due to winter weather, the 2-1A division tournament got off to a start in Ashland. On Wednesday’s opening night slate were two Union County teams, as well as the Hickory Flat Rebels. Thursday will see Ingomar’s Lady Falcons and Myrtle’s Hawks boys’ teams making their tournament […]
HATLEY – In a put-out round, the home-standing Hatley Tigers did enough to keep their season going, defeating East Union’s Lady Urchins 51-47 in the 1-2A Division Tournament. East Union opened strong, gaining a 12-5 advantage over the Lady Tigers that quickly evaporated as Hatley staged a 8-0 to end the first quarter and opened […]
MYRTLE – The Hawks closed up the regular season with a split decision against Potts Camp, as the Lady Cardinals held off the advancing Lady Hawks for a 67-62 win while the Myrtle boys’ team earned a 62-58 victory. Missing starter Ivory Montgomery, the Lady Hawks needed a big game from post player Jessica Floyd. […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series