PONTOTOC – East Union, West Union and Ingomar opened the Robertson’s Sportswear basketball tournament on Saturday, with the the Lady Falcons extending their win streak to thirteen games. (G) Ingomar 53, Kossuth 38 The Lady Falcons were led by Mallory Russell with 25 points and nine rebounds against the Aggies, with Lauren Thompson adding […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – New Albany Middle School’s teams made a clean sweep in the Union County Junior High Tournament on Thursday with the Lady Bulldogs topping East Union 28-19 and the Bulldogs completing the sweep with a 56-31 win over West Union. East Union took the early lead in the girls game, 7-5 […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON New Albany boys clinched first place in the tough Division 1-4A win a 2-0 win as the Bulldogs completed division play with a 5-1 record. New Albany girls won easily, 10-0 and finished with a perfect 6-0 record in division. “The boys game was a lot slower this time and I thought […]
Baldwyn 77, New Albany 68, 2OT New Albany dominated Baldwyn through three quarters of play, but the combination of the Bearcat half court pressure, turnovers and Connor McKay in the fourth quarter brought Baldwyn back to tie in regulation 55-55 and eventually take the win in double overtime 77-68. Baldwyn went on a 30-10 run […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Ashland traveled to Myrtle for a Division 2-1A meeting and came away with a pair of victories, winning the girls contest 68-51 and also taking the boys matchup in the nightcap 62-55. “I thought that we let them (Ashland) make us uncomfortable,” Myrtle coach Rob Browning said. “They’re very good […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – The Lady Falcons of Ingomar staggered New Albany early with a 28-7 advantage after the opening quarter and were able to hold off the Lady Bulldogs late to claim the Union County Tournament Girls Championship on Saturday. Ingomar prevailed 63-54 in the contest. “We had a good start and scored […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Most couples enjoy doing a variety of activities together, but Robert and Sarah Garrett pushed the envelope with theirs as they competed in an Ironman Triathlon recently. “The Ironman Triathlon consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike and a 26.2-mile run,” Sarah said. “I’ve been doing triathlons since 2011 and my […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons extracted a bit of revenge in their 58-47 win over Ashland in their Division 2-1A meeting on Tuesday. Ingomar is riding a nine game winning streak that began following their two point loss at the hands of the Lady Blue Devils. “Mallory Russell scored a lot down […]
Letter from Ray Kennedy, East Union Principal East Union Attendance Center is extremely proud of our new football facility and near the end of the football season, our football field house was completed. We are very grateful to the Union County School District administration, school board, other community leaders, and many friends of East Union […]
NEW ALBANY – There is a coaching shake up along Highway 30. Former Oxford High School co-defensive coordinator Jake Hill has been named the new football coach for the New Albany Bulldogs after seven year head coach Ron Price announced his resignation in November. Hill grew up in Oxford, coaching the Chargers during two state […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...