New Albany resident Susan Morris has been awarded the Mississippi Tennis Association’s Tennis Official of the Year award. This award is presented to a certified tennis official in recognition of outstanding contributions to the cause of tennis officiating in Mississippi, according to a press release issued by the MTA. Morris became an official to help tennis […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
East Union traveled to Booneville Friday for a pair of non-division games and dropped both contests to the Blue Devils. The Lady Urchins fell 66-50 and the Urchins lost 67-48. East Union boys played a strong first half, leading 34-28 at the intermission, but Booneville stormed back in the second half as they outscored the […]
INGOMAR – In a division 2-1A battle, the Falcons came out on top defeating a rallying Myrtle team 66-63 in the Union County rivals’ final regular season meeting. The Lady Falcons also garnered a win against Myrtle with a 67-35 final. In the girls’ game, Gara Beth Self led with 17 points, followed by Mallory […]
PONTOTOC – East Union, West Union and Ingomar opened the Robertson’s Sportswear basketball tournament on Saturday, with the the Lady Falcons extending their win streak to thirteen games. (G) Ingomar 53, Kossuth 38 The Lady Falcons were led by Mallory Russell with 25 points and nine rebounds against the Aggies, with Lauren Thompson adding […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – New Albany Middle School’s teams made a clean sweep in the Union County Junior High Tournament on Thursday with the Lady Bulldogs topping East Union 28-19 and the Bulldogs completing the sweep with a 56-31 win over West Union. East Union took the early lead in the girls game, 7-5 […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON New Albany boys clinched first place in the tough Division 1-4A win a 2-0 win as the Bulldogs completed division play with a 5-1 record. New Albany girls won easily, 10-0 and finished with a perfect 6-0 record in division. “The boys game was a lot slower this time and I thought […]
Baldwyn 77, New Albany 68, 2OT New Albany dominated Baldwyn through three quarters of play, but the combination of the Bearcat half court pressure, turnovers and Connor McKay in the fourth quarter brought Baldwyn back to tie in regulation 55-55 and eventually take the win in double overtime 77-68. Baldwyn went on a 30-10 run […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Ashland traveled to Myrtle for a Division 2-1A meeting and came away with a pair of victories, winning the girls contest 68-51 and also taking the boys matchup in the nightcap 62-55. “I thought that we let them (Ashland) make us uncomfortable,” Myrtle coach Rob Browning said. “They’re very good […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – The Lady Falcons of Ingomar staggered New Albany early with a 28-7 advantage after the opening quarter and were able to hold off the Lady Bulldogs late to claim the Union County Tournament Girls Championship on Saturday. Ingomar prevailed 63-54 in the contest. “We had a good start and scored […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Most couples enjoy doing a variety of activities together, but Robert and Sarah Garrett pushed the envelope with theirs as they competed in an Ironman Triathlon recently. “The Ironman Triathlon consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike and a 26.2-mile run,” Sarah said. “I’ve been doing triathlons since 2011 and my […]
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...