BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – East Union had three possessions in the first quarter of Thursday’s Division 1-2A against H.W. Byers and the Urchins made the best of them, scoring three touchdowns to key a fast start and huge 42-6 win. The Urchins wasted little time on the opening possession of the game, driving 70 […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON DUMAS – Morgan Gooch and Lauren Thompson drove in seven runs for Ingomar on Tuesday as the Lady Falcons downed Pine Grove 11-6 in non-division play. Gooch drove in four runs with a double and single while Thompson hit a three-run homer and singled. Gooch’s double and Thompson’s homer came with two […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union opens division play on Thursday at home against H.W. Byers. East Union enters the game at 4-2 while Byers has a record of 1-5. Byers defeated Houlka in their lone win 12-8 and lost to Benton County, Fairley (Memphis), Coldwater, Strayhorn and West Tallahatchie. “They have a running back that […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON NEW ALBANY – East Union boys and Myrtle girls ran to victory in the 1A-3A varsity races at Saturday’s SouthernTee’s Challenge at BNA Bank Park Complex. Race numbers totaled 583 runners competing in the four varsity races and two junior high races. Jordon Salmon helped East Union to the win in the […]
MARIETTA – East Union hit New Site with four touchdowns in the second quarter and rolled to an easy 48-10 win in their final non-division contest of the season on Friday. “The key to our success is they have bought into what we have been trying to teach them and they work hard every week […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON HICKORY FLAT – West Union bunched all their runs into two innings to down Hickory Flat 9-1 in their Division 2-1A game on Thursday. Chase Coffey had a big day at the plate, driving in three runs with a double and single plus adding a run scored of her own. After Hickory […]
MARIETTA – East Union hit New Site with four touchdowns in the second quarter and rolled to an easy 48-10 win in their final non-division contest of the season on Friday. East Union held a slim 7-0 lead after a quarter following Chase Hall’s two-yard touchdown and Jared Cunningham’s kick with 9:18 left. The Urchins […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union will go on the road to face New Site in their last game against non-division opponents on Friday. The Urchins take a 3-2 record into the contest while the Royals are 0-4. “They (New Site) are big and run a lot of different formations,” East Union Head Coach Kevin Walton […]
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...