BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons extracted a bit of revenge in their 58-47 win over Ashland in their Division 2-1A meeting on Tuesday. Ingomar is riding a nine game winning streak that began following their two point loss at the hands of the Lady Blue Devils. “Mallory Russell scored a lot down […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Letter from Ray Kennedy, East Union Principal East Union Attendance Center is extremely proud of our new football facility and near the end of the football season, our football field house was completed. We are very grateful to the Union County School District administration, school board, other community leaders, and many friends of East Union […]
NEW ALBANY – There is a coaching shake up along Highway 30. Former Oxford High School co-defensive coordinator Jake Hill has been named the new football coach for the New Albany Bulldogs after seven year head coach Ron Price announced his resignation in November. Hill grew up in Oxford, coaching the Chargers during two state […]
NEW ALBANY – After seven years as the Bulldogs head coach, Ron Price announced his resignation to the New Albany school board on Thursday. “I’m thankful for the opportunity to have been the head coach….the last seven years have been an honor,” Price said. Price’s resume as he departs the Bulldogs program includes a 44-40 […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Coach Scott Duley stated in the preseason that for his 2014 East Union team to be successful they needed to avoid injuries and play with consistency. Unfortunately the Urchins were hit with a rash of injuries that shelved nearly a dozen starters. East Union failed to jell as unit until late in […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union hits the road for a Thursday night Division 1-2A contest with Mantachie. East Union enters the game needing to win both of their remaining games to be able to make the playoffs. Both teams enter with 0-3 division records. “I think that they are a lot like us, they have […]
BYHALIA – It took seven weeks for New Albany to find a win, but that made it all the sweeter at the conclusion of a 35-6 victory over Byhalia. “All year we have needed something to spark our team and get us going. Tonight our special teams got us going….defense played outstanding, offense had some […]
WALNUT – Armani Linton shook off the effects of an early first quarter injury and led his Walnut Wildcats to a 35-14 division win over East Union on Friday. Linton gained 170 yards on the ground and scored three rushing touchdowns for Walnut. “I hate to keep saying it, but we’ve got 11 starters out […]
MYRTLE – Myrtle used a big first inning outburst to take the early lead and coast to a 10-0 win over Tupelo in five innings. The Lady Hawks batted around and scored six runs in the first to take a commanding 6-0 lead. “I thought we hit the ball extremely well tonight,” Myrtle coach Marty […]
ELLISTOWN – In their final regular season game of the year, East Union was slow to get started. In contrast, the West Union Lady Eagles came out swinging, taking a decisive 8-2 lead over the Urchins. Still, East Union won the contest, finding seven runs in the sixth inning for a 12-8 victory. “I told […]
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...