BY DENNIS CLAYTON MOOREVILLE – East Union’s Lady Urchins gave perennial 3A power Mooreville all they could handle on Saturday before falling 2-1 in a hastily scheduled game due to recent rains. “I love playing Mooreville, in my opinion they are the best of the best,” East Union coach Josh Blythe said. “They’ve got two […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union won their game one in the late innings and lost game two in extra innings at the Pontotoc baseball tournament on Saturday. The Urchins defeated TCPS 7-0 and lost to North Pontotoc 4-3. Witt Roaton had a brilliant performance on the mound in game one, allowing only one hit while […]
JACKSON – In a game that racked up 59 fouls for both teams, Ingomar came up short. The Falcons lost in the semi-finals of the Class 1A boys playoffs to Coffeeville in a 92-69 final. “We [Ingomar] are going up to 2A next year, and we’ll be the only 2A school without football. We just […]
JACKSON – At 30 wins, the Lady Falcons’ season came to an end on Monday as Ingomar’s young team stumbled in the final minutes of the Class 1A girls semi-final against the Pelahatchie Chiefs. “It felt like we would gain control of the game and then make a mistake,” Falcons coach Trent Adair said of […]
JACKSON – New Albany took it to the final seconds and the final play against Bay High, coming up short in a 68-65 loss during a Friday quarterfinal game against the 2014 Class 4A runner-up. “Bay is a veteran team who know what they are doing and made plays when they had too,” Lady Bulldogs […]
JACKSON – The Bulldogs never got over the hump. All through New Albany’s 66-52 loss to the McComb Tigers, the Bulldogs kept the game close. Three points, two points, one point – all of them separated the team from the lead or a tie, but the Bulldogs never overtook the defending 4A champions. “They played […]
JACKSON – The fourth meeting this season between West Union and Ashland came with high stakes; a trip to the Class 1A girls finals. In the final round, the Blue Devils walked away with the 54-46 win over the Lady Eagles. “We just didn’t make the plays and they did, it’s as simple as that,” […]
JACKSON – When the Falcon’s needed a playmaker, senior point guard Laquain Foster answered the call. Foster turned in 27 points in Ingomar’s 67-54 win over Montgomery County on Tuesday, finding runs in a game full of them to outlast the Hornets quietly creeping towards overtaking the lead. Ingomar jumped out ahead early, posting a […]
JACKSON -When the shots counted the most they fell for West Union who held on for a 57-55 win in overtime against Bogue Chitto on Wednesday. The Lady Eagles led for the duration of the 32 regulation minutes with the Bobcats managing three ties in the final seconds of play. Zariah Matthews earned the shot […]
JACKSON – Ingomar’s young Lady Falcons squad reached another milestone on Wednesday, nabbing their first win inside Mississippi Coliseum with a 81-37 final over the Sebastopol Lady Bobcats. The victory marked the thirtieth win for the 2014-2015 season while also guaranteeing the Falcons a game on March 9 in the Class 1A girls semi-finals. Sebastopol […]
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...