NEW ALBANY – After seven years as the Bulldogs head coach, Ron Price announced his resignation to the New Albany school board on Thursday. “I’m thankful for the opportunity to have been the head coach….the last seven years have been an honor,” Price said. Price’s resume as he departs the Bulldogs program includes a 44-40 […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Coach Scott Duley stated in the preseason that for his 2014 East Union team to be successful they needed to avoid injuries and play with consistency. Unfortunately the Urchins were hit with a rash of injuries that shelved nearly a dozen starters. East Union failed to jell as unit until late in […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union hits the road for a Thursday night Division 1-2A contest with Mantachie. East Union enters the game needing to win both of their remaining games to be able to make the playoffs. Both teams enter with 0-3 division records. “I think that they are a lot like us, they have […]
BYHALIA – It took seven weeks for New Albany to find a win, but that made it all the sweeter at the conclusion of a 35-6 victory over Byhalia. “All year we have needed something to spark our team and get us going. Tonight our special teams got us going….defense played outstanding, offense had some […]
WALNUT – Armani Linton shook off the effects of an early first quarter injury and led his Walnut Wildcats to a 35-14 division win over East Union on Friday. Linton gained 170 yards on the ground and scored three rushing touchdowns for Walnut. “I hate to keep saying it, but we’ve got 11 starters out […]
MYRTLE – Myrtle used a big first inning outburst to take the early lead and coast to a 10-0 win over Tupelo in five innings. The Lady Hawks batted around and scored six runs in the first to take a commanding 6-0 lead. “I thought we hit the ball extremely well tonight,” Myrtle coach Marty […]
ELLISTOWN – In their final regular season game of the year, East Union was slow to get started. In contrast, the West Union Lady Eagles came out swinging, taking a decisive 8-2 lead over the Urchins. Still, East Union won the contest, finding seven runs in the sixth inning for a 12-8 victory. “I told […]
STRAYHORN – East Union has fought the injury bug since game one and Friday night the Urchins played without eight starters as they lost on the road to Strayhorn 20-0. The Urchins again reshuffled their lineup, including a new offensive line which has not seen the same five starters all season. “We played short-handed, but […]
Friday wasn’t a good day for the Bulldogs, who remain winless after a 52-13 loss to Corinth. Setbacks began long before game time, with two starters arriving to school on game day with injuries. “Our center, Hunt Parks, comes to me and I find out he’s got a broken hand, and then Isaiah Powell is […]
MYRTLE – The Lady Hawks of Myrtle needed a win to stay in the playoff picture in their division and they rode a 16-hit attack to avenge an earlier loss as they defeated West Union 8-2 on Thursday. “I was pleased with the intensity and urgency that our girls played with,” Myrtle coach Marty Cook […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...