BALDWYN – Baldwyn got a heavy dose of Rebecca Sheffield and Tianna Castillo on Tuesday as the duo were a force at the plate and in the field as the East Union Lady Urchins defeated the Lady Bearcats 12-2 in five innings of Division 1-2A softball. The pair went back-to-back with home runs to jump […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Saturday’s SouthernTee’s Challenge will host a field of 24 teams and should again prove to be extremely competitive in all four varsity races. East Union is fresh off a big day at the Saltillo Invitational in the 1A-3A boys as they took first with 43 points easily out-distancing second place Potts Camp’s […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON HICKORY FLAT – West Union bunched all their runs into two innings to down Hickory Flat 9-1 in their Division 2-1A game on Thursday. Chase Coffey had a big day at the plate, driving in three runs with a double and single plus adding a run scored of her own. After Hickory […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ENTERPRISE – West Union came into Tuesday’s game against Division 2-1A rival needing not only a win, but needing to win by three runs. They got the win and nearly had the run differential, but the Lady Hawks rallied for four runs with two outs in the seventh to close to within […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON SALTILLO – East Union boys ran in dominating fashion at the Saltillo Invitational Meet on Saturday as they took top honors in the 1A-3A division with 43 points, easily outdistancing second place Potts Camp, which finished with 128 points. Jordon Salmon led the Urchins with his second place finish with a time […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – Cade Bell and his offense rallied in the final minute of the first half to score two touchdowns in 31 seconds and carried that momentum into the second half to a 68-36 win over Alcorn Central. Alcorn Central had just scored two quick touchdowns to take a 28-14 and seemed […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON BALDWYN – Baldwyn got a heavy dose of Rebecca Sheffield and Tianna Castillo on Tuesday as the duo were a force at the plate and in the field as the East Union Lady Urchins defeated the Lady Bearcats 12-2 in five innings of Division 1-2A softball. The pair went back-to-back with home […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – Just when Alcorn Central appeared to have all the momentum following a fumble return for touchdown with 4:03 left in the half, but quarterback Cade Bell coolly led the Urchins back to score twice in 31 seconds to tie the game 28-28. Bell was 6 of 6 passing for 72 […]
Saturday will be the 17th Annual Robertson’s Sportwear slowpitch tournament at BNA Bank Park. All four county schools will be playing against some of the top teams in North Mississippi. Tournament action is set to begin at 9:00. Here is the schedule for the four Union County teams. The schedule could change, but this was […]
Teams from East Union, Ingomar, Myrtle New Albany and West Union will compete on Saturday at the Saltillo Invitational which is one of the largest and most competitive cross country meets in the state. This year is no different with over 40 high school teams scheduled to run. Varsity schedule starts at 10:00 with the […]
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...