The Northeast Mississippi Jets earned a shut-out win on Tuesday, knocking off the Inverness Bollweevils 12-0 in five innings. Starting pitcher Josh Hargett (Itawamba) Agricultural High School was the star of the game, tossing a no-hitter of four innings and striking out three. Relief pitcher Jacob Kent (Myrtle) closed the game in the fifth inning. […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
The Tallahatchie Tidal Wave received a very special visitor at the Baptist Heathplex in USA Swimming Club Development Consultant Dave Thomas. Thomas stopped in New Albany on his way to attend the Mississippi long-course state championships, and spent time learning about the Tidal Wave program, head coach Joanna Manning said. “It is quite an honor […]
The long-awaited change for the football championships has finally arrived but, in traditional fashion, the Mississippi High School Activities Association has adjusted another sport in what is sure to lead to a giant headache once March rolls around. This upcoming school year will mark the first in recent memory where there will be no North […]
‘We’re going to Jackson’ is a thing of the past for football teams who will play in the state championship finals. The Mississippi High School Activities Association announced the change in location for the 1A through 6A championship games from the capital city of Jackson to Mississippi State University in Starkville, Miss. MSU will host […]
New Albany wrapped up their summer 7v7 season at Pontotoc as they played in a round robin scrimmage with host Pontotoc, Saltillo and Tupelo. “We ended the day 2-1 with the varsity girls picking up wins against 4A rival Pontotoc and Tupelo, the top school in North Mississippi,” New Albany coach Caryl Vogel said. […]
The DeSoto Xplorers rallied for four runs in the top of the sixth inning to tie the Northwest MS Dealers in Thursday’s high school Cotton States action. The Dealers led most of the game before the big sixth inning for DeSoto. The Xplorers had only two hits in the sixth, but took advantage of two […]
A fourth inning surge gave the Desoto Xplorers the edge on Saturday, as they defeated the Bay Springs Bobcats 10-5 in Cotton States High School League play. Colton Peel (Ripley) led for the Xplorers with two RBIs off a double in the fourth inning, after leading off the game with a single. Hayes McMullen (Houston), […]
Kelton Hall of Ingomar has recently been named to the 2014 Southeast 14U USSSA All-American Baseball Team. Hall will play in the USSSA All-American Games during August 1-4 at ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney World in Orlando, Fla. Hall is one of two Mississippians named to the 15-member team. The Southeast Regional team […]
The Inverness Boll Weevils used a big fourth inning to top the Bay Springs Bobcats by a 4-2 margin. The Boll Weevils sent nine batters to the plate during the inning and collected two hits. They were helped by four walks and a hit by pitch in scoring their four runs. The first three innings had […]
The Black Prairie Mudcats got the maximum from only seven hits as they defeated the Bay Springs Bobcats 18-3 on Tuesday night at BNA Bank Park. The Mudcats picked up two runs in the top of the first as leadoff batter Karah Stephenson walked and later scored on Abby Pitts’ RBI double. Pitts would score […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...