WALNUT – Armani Linton shook off the effects of an early first quarter injury and led his Walnut Wildcats to a 35-14 division win over East Union on Friday. Linton gained 170 yards on the ground and scored three rushing touchdowns for Walnut. “I hate to keep saying it, but we’ve got 11 starters out […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
MYRTLE – Myrtle used a big first inning outburst to take the early lead and coast to a 10-0 win over Tupelo in five innings. The Lady Hawks batted around and scored six runs in the first to take a commanding 6-0 lead. “I thought we hit the ball extremely well tonight,” Myrtle coach Marty […]
ELLISTOWN – In their final regular season game of the year, East Union was slow to get started. In contrast, the West Union Lady Eagles came out swinging, taking a decisive 8-2 lead over the Urchins. Still, East Union won the contest, finding seven runs in the sixth inning for a 12-8 victory. “I told […]
STRAYHORN – East Union has fought the injury bug since game one and Friday night the Urchins played without eight starters as they lost on the road to Strayhorn 20-0. The Urchins again reshuffled their lineup, including a new offensive line which has not seen the same five starters all season. “We played short-handed, but […]
Friday wasn’t a good day for the Bulldogs, who remain winless after a 52-13 loss to Corinth. Setbacks began long before game time, with two starters arriving to school on game day with injuries. “Our center, Hunt Parks, comes to me and I find out he’s got a broken hand, and then Isaiah Powell is […]
MYRTLE – The Lady Hawks of Myrtle needed a win to stay in the playoff picture in their division and they rode a 16-hit attack to avenge an earlier loss as they defeated West Union 8-2 on Thursday. “I was pleased with the intensity and urgency that our girls played with,” Myrtle coach Marty Cook […]
SALTILLO – Union County runners squared off against some of the top runners in the state at Saltillo and came away with very competitive team and individual results on Saturday. Over 41 teams competed in the meet on one of the toughest courses in the state. Myrtle girls had a strong showing in the […]
Friday wasn’t a good day for the Bulldogs. “We get to school this morning and our center, Hunt Parks comes to me and I find out he’s got a broken hand, and then Isaiah Powell is wearing a boot. We knew Isaiah had turned his ankle last Friday and we’ve treated him for that all […]
IUKA – Post-season hopes are dim for the Lady Bulldogs volleyball team afterthe team dropped a division contest to Tishomingo County in a 2-1 final. The Lady Braves opened with a 7-0 run in the first set before New Albany battled back to within two points at 10-8. Tishomingo County won the first two sets […]
The hits just seem to keep coming for New Albany. With four games in the record books, the Bulldogs are still looking for their first win of the season. After a fourth-quarter shocker by the Pontotoc Warriors last week, this Friday New Albany was the team in the driver’s seat as the minutes ticked down. […]
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Wife accused of shooting husband six times August 25, 2016
- Police charge two teens with armed robbery of merchant August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...